Chapter 17

"This system has been running on nothing for years, I should have replaced it before I left." I say sighing.
"How long would it take?" Ben asks me.
"Ha, with this whole piece of junk, it's going to take at a week. A week that I won't be able to be here for." I say.
"Well it has to be fixed, I'll talk to Star Fleet and get one ordered so that it will be here in two weeks. Maybe you can work on it over the holodeck. We did put in holo emitters." He says.
"Maybe, if I still get service that far in the Gamma Quadrant." I say smiling.
"I miss having you around Max."
"I miss having you around to give me orders." I say.
I close my tool kit and then walk down to the promenade to see my sister. When I get into the turbo lift I hear a whisper. "Max."
I turn around. No one in the transporter with me, odd. It doesn't sound like anyone I know. Then I try locating it in my mind. Nothing. "Max. Can you hear me?" I hear the same voice say to me. I turn around and see a man in a bow tie, tweed jacket, and wearing a fez standing right next to me. Although it is a holographic image, not real.
I almost jump. "Max it's me. It's the Doctor." He says smiling.
"Do you like the new look?" He asks me.
I don't laugh or say a word about how he has regenerated. I ask him "Why are you here?"
"I need you Max. It's the Universe. Two parallel universes are going to collide with each other if we don't stop it."
"It's a parallel universe, by theory, it won't harm us because it's not in the same dimension." I counter.
He takes off his fez and then says "Always loved a fez, fezzes are cool!"
That makes me slightly laugh. I crack a smile and pull out my sonic screwdriver. It still looks brand new but I've used it for almost everything since he left. I may not be able to regenerate anymore. But I still know my past, I'm a Timelord, and we help people. "Alright I'll help. But don't you dare wear that thing in front of me again or I'll take my phaser and shoot it off of you." I say optioning to the fez in his hand. He makes a puppy dog face then heads to the TARDIS. "Woah woah woah. Not so fast. Last time I left you dragged me away without Julian. Not this time. Wait here." I say when the turbo lift stops. I have no clue how a TARDIS, and two people could fit in one turbo lift but it did. I run off to get Julian and then in 2 minutes I am back, with a out of breath Julian, and my sister, who trips when we stop. I catch her and the doctor says "Absolutely no."
"I'm not taking all of you." Your fiancé takes up enough room in my ship.
"It's bigger on the inside, it's infinite."
"I meant his ego. Now I said no." The Doctor says.
"I barge into the TARDIS and then see a girl in a short skirt, tights and red top leaning against the console. Next to her is a man with brown hair, medium height, he introduces himself as Rory and his wife, the girl in the red shirt, as Amy. "Something you might have mentioned Doctor?" I say looking at him.
"I told you I'm not taking everyone. But I need you."
"Fine, sis, get out. I'm sorry but I need Julian." I say trying not to look at her. Every time I do it makes me remember how little time we might have together. Plus Julian is my rock, if I didn't have him, I would have been put into a insane asylum years ago. Okay I'm joking but he helps me keep calm, if he wasn't here, I would probably panic at everything. "So we're off!" The Doctor says pushing a few buttons on the console. "You forgot. I press a button.
'The lateral diffusion sensors. Now we're off." I state.
"Doctor?" Amy asks.
"Long story." The Doctor says.
"We have a long time so please start the story." She states.
"Fine." He says stepping back from the console and turning around to all of us like its story time and we are 5.
"Time to begin." I don't know whether to be scared of what the doctor will tell my sorry of how we met as, or whether I will hate it.