Chapter 19

It has been a secret I've held near me for my whole life. When I had first met the doctor and went into that giant blue box that was bigger on the inside, he had told me about the master. I had never really believed him about his theory of my father being him though. Even after he gave me a blood test I had said it couldn't be true. It had turned out he was absolutely right. The Doctor and the Master were best friends when they were little...well till the war, I had heard. When I came to earth I had heard from my sister that our parents changed there names. They even changed my sisters and I's. Yes I do know my real name. It will be a secret I will probably take with me to my grave. If I say my name, even a whisper half the galaxy would be after me. But since this is between you and I, I will tell you. It is Maxidethyithghuladrex, or Maxideth for short. It's a mouthful I know...but that's how Gallifreyans are I guess. If I told you the doctors real name you definitely wouldn't be able to pronounce it. Anyways, back to the story now. "What?" Rory says clueless. "But you said the Master was dead." Amy points out to the Doctor. "Well I'm just a dumb struck as you are now come on. We need to get him back to the TARDIS before anything bad happens." He says. I look like I'm the only one here who can't move. My feet feel like they're stuck on the pavement. He was dead to me, the last time I saw him was on Alpha major where the trial was when I was 10. He was in prison, he was dead to me. Julian put a hand on my shoulder. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asks softly. "Because, I don't like talking about it, you know that." I state. "Well, we can catch up about it some other time, we need to get your father." He says holding out his hand. I grab it and we run off. "Why don't we do that?" Rory asks Amy. "Because I don't want to. Now come on." She says as they run behind us.
"I hate it when your right." I say to the Doctor as I run past him. "Max wait!" He yells. I stop and say annoyed "What?"
"Don't move. Your father has a proximity detector around this whole area. If we go any farther it will go off." He says.
"I don't see one!" Julian says looking puzzled.
"Scan with your sonic. It's there." The Doctor tells me. I do and I see that he had buried it under ground about a foot in front of me. "Then how are we going to get through here?" Amy asks. "Let me get caught." I say.
"No. Nonononono. You aren't doing that.'
The doctor says when I turn around to face him. 'We'll find another way."
"He's my father and as much as I hate him. I can get through to him." I step over the line and I see the Master slowly come over. The rest of the team I had told to hide. "Taylor? It's been a long time. Come, give your father hug."
He says smiling. "Your coming with me." I say.
"How about no?" He says looking at me grumpily. "How about I stun your butt and drag you away?" I ask countering his offer.
"Would you really do that?" He asks. "You don't know what happen to me in that lab. You don't know a single thing about me anymore! I changed after those 5 years you left me! Right now I really wouldn't care if I had to kill you to get you to stop this. As long as I stop this. It. Doesn't. Matter!" I say gritting my teeth angrily. "I'm shocked. Kill your old man?"
"Shut up dad. Shut the heck up." I say. "Well I'm afraid my offer still stands. No." Then he tasers me. Seriously?! I black out and here the sounds of cars and buses go by on the street near us. I can hear the yell of the doctor. I can hear the whole world turning, minute by
minute, as it turns into nothing. When I wake up in on the Tardis again. "Wha-"
"Your father got away. The Doctor went after him with Amy. Rory and I decided to stay here and watch over the TARDIS and I stayed to watch over you." He says. I notice my hair is a mess and go to pull it up. Sadly exposing a scar that was a huge roundish blob on my left shoulder. I had gotten it at the lab along with many other ones. "Max..." He says looking at it closer. "It's nothing." I say fixing it so it can no longer be seen. "How did it happen?" He asks. "I've got plenty more all ranging from a burn, to surgery, to getting shot." I say. He looked at me and then said. "Where?"
I then pull down my sleeve to reveal a scar that was on the back of my right shoulder. Then I showed him the one on my him, then on my stomach, then finally the small ones that were either on my hand to one behind my ear. "Why?" He asked. "I didn't tell you because it wasn't like you needed to know." I say. My bright blue eyes that were unnatural looked at him. "Now get some more rest. The Doctor will be back soon." He says. I fall asleep on a bed down the hallway that I think is the Doctors. Julian said that the Doctor had helped me in here before he had left to go get my father. Julian rested next to me and I hoped that the Doctor wouldn't die by the Master's hands.