Chapter 8

We are at star base 1, and are getting maintenance done for the next week. So Julian thinks it would be best to go visit Earth. "Why don't we go for a few days? Visit your father, go see some sights?" He asks.
"Alright! I have to be back though in 3 days for the crew evaluation though. " I say.
So we leave and head to see my father first.
Well this either going to go down really good or be a disaster. He hasn't met Julian except over a few transmissions. "Taylor!" He says smiling when he opens the door to his apartment. "Admiral." Julian says smiling. I let go of hugging my dad and Julian and my father go off to the side talking for a minute. I go put my bag along with Julian's down in m old room. I left Felicia and Porthos under the care of Ezri for three days.
"I got your favorite for dinner." Pike says.
"So dad how's your position at headquarters going? I heard they moved you to head of the Academy now!" I say.
"I love it, but some of the students need a bit of work." He says.
We talk for two hours about our lives and what we have missed. Then Julian and I go to bed. My dad has bunk beds still in my room. "So this was your room? It's so pink!" Julian asks.
"What? I was 8!" I say.
"You even have all the Star light dolls." He says awing.
"Shut up." I say teasing him.
"I mean your wall is so....bright! And you have flowers all over it! I've never seen this side of you Tay!" He says smiling and laughing.
When I wake up the next morning Julian is snoring his head off still. I walk out into the kitchen and say "computer, time."
"0800 Taylor."
Dads at work already. I guess I will see him tonight. Julian comes walking sleepily out of the bedroom yawning and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "Morning." I say.
He mumbles something that sounds like morning but I can't really tell. Not a morning person, I've learned that by now.
"Here, Tarkalian tea." I say handing him a warm cup of his favorite tea.
We get ready and Julian, now that he has had his morning cup of tea, is very excited to take me somewhere. "I'm thinking the beach! No maybe the Grand Canyon....Niagara falls?" He says.
"I don't care. I've never seen any of those places, never really heard about Niagara falls or the Grand Canyon."
So we decide on Niagara falls, which we end up taking a boat ride that ends up getting us soaked. "I am drenched! we should go change." He says.
"Agreed." I say laughing.
We get changed and Julian tells me he made a reservation at a local restaurant in town.
"You'll love it." He says.
We sit down and order our food.
"Taylor, we've known each other for 9 years. Over the past few we have gotten even closer." He says getting down on one knee awkwardly.
"Taylor Stone, I love you. Will you marry me?" He says smiling.
What am going to say? Thousands of thoughts are running through my head. What if Julian gets a new assignment down the road and so do I? What if there not together? I finally run through all the probabilities in my mind and make a choice. A choice that will change me forever.