Cutting the knot

author-sensei here - this chapter will describe our boi's past as a dream he's having, like mindscape stuff and the like. anyways, onto the story.

Kuoh, 10 years ago

Gabriele: Sona, Sona, do you know what is love?

Sona: dad told me it is when you can't stand being away from another person

Gabriele: Really? Then i love you, Sona!

Tel Aviv, 1 year ago

Sona, where are you? are you still in Kuoh, are you good? do you remember me? i do, that's why i still haven't died...yet.

ATTENTION, ATTENTION! ALL OPERATIVES FIT FOR COMBAT ASSEMBLE! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK, THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Shit! is this ISIS again? aight, we're ready to..

Dad: Kid, take shelter, leave this to your superior!

Gabriele: Hell no, dad! you know i can handle myself! i've been in battlefields! i was in Kosovo, for fuck's sake!

Dad: I don't care! You're not gonna die! i promised your mom-

BOOM! I look where dad was standing and..there's nothing. an artillery shell has blasted everything, killing dad and many of his men. i feel myself stumbling backwards with a stinging pain in my right eye.

what the fuck? did i just..lost my eye? i fall again to my knees and i try to bring my dominant hand to take the glass shard out of the now empty eyeball, but i can't feel my left arm.

I cock my head to the left and i can't believe my remaining eye. A couple meters to the side rests my left arm, with a huge shrapnel that i assume was the cause of all of that. Just as i am about to faint, i hear a voice in my head and a green shape taking my arm's place.

Walith: Fear not, partner, for your story has just begun

Gabriele: Who are you? (italics is for mind communication)

Walith: I am your sacred gear, the father of dragons, the Wisdom Dragon Emperor, Walith

Gabriele: So i assume now i have this gauntlet instead of my left arm?

Walith: Exactly. i have observed you, child, and you've suffered enough, you've seen war too many times. when you got captured in Kosovo, who do you think kept you alive? though i have to give you credit for what you've been through.

Gabriele: enough with the crap! now i have superpowers, right? let's kick some terrorist ass and avenge my father!

Lebanon, 6 months ago

Gabriele: John, Sara, Mike, i can't thank you enough

John: Don't sweat it kid, your old man was the best.

Sara: yeah, it's only fair that we help you.

Mike: Now focus on our revenge.

Everyone: AYE SIR!

We sneak into the main buildind, killing militants as we proceed towards the bastard's main room. just as we open the nth door of the night, we hear a sound and then we're covered in fog.

Gabriele: shit! ready to fire, get your lights on!

I tell the guys to get ready but the terrorists are immediately on our asses. i dodge the bullet and uppercut the first one, but a second one shots me in the knee before Sara finishes him. i cry out in pain as i stomp my boot on the neck of the terrorist i knocked out, snapping it. i shoot another one that was aiming at John's back but it's too late for Mike and Sara. enraged, me and john finish off the remaining ones just as the fog clears.

John: No! Sara, answer me! Sara!

Gabriele: John, it's too late-

John: like hell it is! She's my wife! we should have had a life together! now there's no meaning! Promise me that you'll complete the mission, kid, i am going to watch over you with your old fart of a dad.

Gabriele: NO, JOHN, ST- 

John grabs his handgun and shoots himself in the head, a sight that will be forever burned into my memories. 

Gabriele: DAMMIT, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE, TOO? I'M ALONE NOW! FUCK THE MISSION!

Walith: Child, calm yourself. it may seem like everything is over but you have a chance.

Gabriele: Balance Breaker?

Walith: Yes, but it's dangerous. are you sure?

Gabriele: all that matters is the mission! WISDOM DRAGON, BALANCE BREAKER!

Berlin, NATO HQ, 2 months ago

Announcer: it is with great honour that i announce the conferment of the NATO honours medal to Gabriele Fabianelli, Major Sergeant, of the Elite forces! you may come here!

Gabriele: Thanks everyone! thank you very much. ever since i was a little child, lost for my mom's death, the military has became a second family for me. however, the last one i carried out will be the last one. i want a peaceful life, i want to leave war behind. losing dad was the last straw, and i avenged him. i hereby announce my retirement!

With this i stand down the podium and i hurry out the room. Now a new life begins.

Kuoh, present day

Finally back to Kuoh...damn, i wonder if sona's still here. she is a devil, right?

Walith: yes, child, and a noble one. i sense the Gremory family here as well.

Gabriele: well would you believe it. two devil families, and two devil kings at that. 

Walith: Yes, the younger sister Rias attends the academy as a third year just like Sona. they use a school club as a cover up, while Sona manages the SC.

Walith manifests himself in human form and here it is, a well built man in his late 40's that could seem like my dad.

Gabriele: is there any limit to your knowledge?

Walith: Of course...not. i am the wisdom dragon after all. Come on, let's train.

Gabriele: Fuck it, now i wish i was still in the military.

LE TIMESKIP

Gabriele: ok, enough for now, we need to go to school.

Walith: yes we do. come, i'll get your disguise up and running.

Walith morphs himself back into my gear and immediately it starts to form a flesh arm, almost  like a natural one, and i can feel my right eye grow back under the eyepatch. i look at myself at the mirror and i see my eyes are now hazel instead of green. i put my uniform with my signature long left sleeve and i start to go.

RG1: damn, another hot guy!

RG2: how dare he come here and steal our girls!

RGL1: OMG! look at him!

RGL2: he's smoking hot!

Gabriele: good grief, they really are kids, ain't them? (winks)

RGL1: he winked! he winked at me!

Walith: they might be kids but you're a player, and you know it.

Gabriele: it's just too easy. let's go to the SC, there is someone i wanna see.

RIAS POV

Koneko: president, i was walking to school today and i felt an amazing power coming from another student!

Me: is that so? very well, i was just looking for a new knight piece.

Akeno: ara? i thought you had your sights set on issei-kun?

Me: why get one when you can get two? Kiba, fetch him for me after school. and koneko, you keep tracks on issei-kun.

You will be mine, mysterious newcomer...