War Maniac vs War Machine - 1

GABRIELE POV

After Sona and Tsubaki's meeting with the exorcists, they were going to inform Rias of their arrival and that they wanted a personal meeting with her.

Flashback

Griselda: You were their teacher so i'm just asking you to watch over them

Flashback End

"Sona, I have a plan." I flick my finger and my suit and mask are back on.

Sona: "Oh, I see. Well, 9029, let's go to the ORC."

SMALL TIMESKIP+CHANGE OF SCENE - ORC CLUBROOM

Rias: Come in

Sona: Hey Rias.

Rias: Oh, Sona, Tsubaki! welcome - SENSEI!

Seeing the heiress of the house of Gremory shocked really made it worth the effort.

Issei: Welcome, Sensei! Why are you here?

9029: as you may know, I'm a mercenary. I've been hired by the vatican to watch over the exorcists and make sure they don't run into trouble in their mission. I Don't see your knight, though.

Rias looked down in shame, so Akeno answered for her. "we were having a meeting at Issei's, and he found a holy sword in one of the pics in the photo album. Since then, he was out of it and he recently vanished."

Koneko: "What you mean 'run into trouble'? Are you antagonizing us?"

9029: Not at all. They might be antagonizing you. They are as hot headed as one can get, and even though the mission is risky, they are unlikely to accept any aid. this is why i'm here. That said, can I borrow the clubroom for a bit?

Rias: As you wish, Sensei. Though we will be here when the meeting comes.

9029: Wasn't expecting anything else.

A FEW DAYS LATER

Practising kendo with Murayama and Katase really was enjoyable, i feel like this was the piece that was missing in my training puzzle. I could also smell sacred gears in them, not that strong but useful for their types. Rook types, to be precise.

Anyway, onto the meeting. I make my way to the ORC clubroom, greet Rias and her peerage, and sit on the master chair.

SMALL TIMESKIP

XENOVIA POV

"Now we have to meet with those devils.." Irina's words didn't affect me so much, what mattered was Sensei. Why didn't he approach us?

We made our way towards the ORC building. We knocked and, surprisingly, Rias Gremory in person opened the door.

"Welcome. You arrived just at the right time, we have a guest who might catch your interest."

We entered the room and we saw a figure sitting on the chair with their feet on the desk. He had a mask on and was wearing a suit.

9029: Private Quarta, Private Shidou...it's been a long time.

I felt a small smile forming on my face as Irina beamed.

"SENSEI! You're here!"

GABRIELE POV

Wow, I was their teacher but I didn't know i was that adored. Better that than being hated.

"Um, sensei, why do they call you sensei too?" Koneko asked, slightly on guard.

"Well, I trained them. Firearms, martial arts, the like."

"Yes, now we're not totally hopeless if we don't have our swords!" Irina energetically chimed in. Just how much energy does this girl have?

"Speaking of swords, this is the main topic of conversation. Two holy swords were recently stolen. I know they are dangerous weapons for you devils" Xenovia has never been the diplomatic type in conversations, this could be troublesome.

"So you think we might side with the Fallen Angels? Because it's obvious they are responsible. In any case, i can swear upon the name of the House of Gremory that we won't intervene. We won't give you assistance either." Rias spoke in a leader-like manner.

I felt it was my time to intervene. "I was personally entrusted by Griselda Quarta with watching over them. And besides, a teacher never abandons his students."

"We have no complaints about that." Irina said happily, to which Xenovia nodded.

"One question, sensei"

"What now, Akeno?"

"Why did you call them 'private'?"

"Oh, oh, I can answer that!" Irina, just why? "Sensei has the habit of calling us by our military ranks, following his plan of training. each time we pass a level, we get a promotion. I'll take the occasion to inform that we're both corporals now!" she said, expecting a praise.

The praise didn't come because Issei shouted at Xenovia, standing in front of Asia protectively.

"What? I just said that if she still believes in God, she should let me kill her."

"Xenovia, stand down." I say, in a stern voice, preparing my handgun in case push comes to shove.

"Two excaliburs. In one place. This is perfect, i'll take you on" We turn our heads to the door, seeing Kiba standing there with cold eyes and a smirk.

"Nice to meet you, exorcists, for I am your superior."

And so the curtains on the tag duel, Xenovia vs Kiba and Irina vs Issei, were lifted. I stood on guard by the side, leaning on the wall. I heard Irina ranting about how fate was cruel and Kiba laughing maniacally as his 'revenge' was drawing nearer and nearer.

Issei had a smirk that i didn't quite appreciate. he seemed like he was ready to snap his fingers, so I rushed and pointed a gun at the back of his head.

"You're not about to, say, strip my student, are you? Cause if you are, my finger could 'accidently' slip and my Beretta here would rip your head in two. Be a good boy and stand down."

Dejected, Issei raised his hands in surrender and i knocked him on the head with the butt of the handgun, because it's the right thing to do. We hear a crashing noise as Xenovia stood above a defenseless Kiba who was at the bottom of a small crater. Just as she was about to strike I rushed again to the scene and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Xenovia, you won. Stop."

"Sensei, his eyes are full of revenge. He has to die!"

"STAND THE FUCK DOWN!"

She obliged, a little startled by my tone. "Well, it looks like you won both of your duels. Thanks for not killing my servants." Rias intervened as Asia healed both Kiba and Issei. The knight scoffed at the bishop and ran away.

"Sensei, Kokabiel is back. Also, Red Dragon" Xenovia said to Issei "the White One has awakened"

Walith: Ohhh? So both my sons now have found their hosts?

"Cut it, old man"

So Kokabiel is back. "Let's go, girls. you can stay at my house"

"by the way sensei, we still don't know where you live.." Rias winked at me. I already have Sona, why should I let myself fall for you? Please.

"Classified. Now let's go."

I leave the scene along the two exorcists. Kokabiel, there won't be any second chance for you.