souls

Our song was supposed to be only ours, if it was not it would defeat the whole purpose of being called that. But there she was, swaying her body ever so gracefully as she matches the tempo of the soft music, the music that was only supposed to bring joy to our ears, and our ears only, but their you were, your beautiful smile that can light up any dark place as I once told you. I can't blame you, you're finally happy again, even though it was once our song to dance to, I am happy how you've replaced that hole in your heart, the hole I created, you've patched that wound with someone new.

She's beautiful, elegant even, everything a man would want in a women, I wish it was me, I thought, I wish it was me who was in your arms like once before, swaying to the soft piano music as it escalates throughout the air around, you may think I sound selfish saying all this but my thoughts simply don't matter anymore, because time simply continues passing now without me in this world, time doesn't stop for anyone or anything, it keeps ticking, that's how this whole thing works.

I wonder if I will ever meet you again, god I hope I do, maybe in another lifetime. But I don't want to enter a new life and forgot this one because I will simply never get over it but I guess that's that whole point. Your smile, your eyes, those beautiful brown orbs I could look into forever, but now I don't have forever. But now I see you're happy, my soul can finally rest and restart. I am scared, god I'm so scared about what's going to happen, I don't want to go yet, I want to stay so we could finish our life, get married, have kids, and live on the beach and grow old and wrinkly together.

If I was still with you, in this day, this hour, this minute I would've been angry, I would've told you no one can dance to our song, but now, now that everything has changed, I'm happy. I am happy that you are finally moving on, I'm happy to see that beautiful smile of yours again, even though it is now you're dancing with someone new to our song, this song that we once danced to, this exact moment, it will always truly always be our song.