Chapter 6

3 months later:

Hydra base: 

Katerina is on a mission with Steve, Nat, Wanda and Clint:

"Wasn't expecting one of my first missions with you guys would be this." Katerina said into comms while firing at incoming HYRDA agents.

"What are you talking about? This is a chill mission, beats an alien invasion." The brunette chuckled at Clint's joke while summoning glowing ice spears with her power and launching them at the agents.

"Hey guys I could use a little help over her, I'm outnumbered."  Wanda's voice could only just be heard over the sounds of bullets hitting her energy shield. 

"On it." Katerina used the her wind manipulation for it to carry her through the air and over to Wanda.

"Jeez kid when did you learn wind, I thought it was only water and earth so far." Clint sounded surprised as he watched the wind carry the brunette.

"This morning actually, forgot to tell you." Katerina landed in front of the older enhanced opposite incoming Hydra agents.

Her power ran through her body as a green mist lifted parts of the ground up and crushing the opponents. The energy glided in her glowing eyes lighting them up. It almost burned, but in a way that made her feel empowered.

"Thanks Kat"

"Thanks Kat"

"Anytime glow worm."  Wanda chuckled at the brunette's joke before letting her power throw agents into the trees around them.

The two enhanced made their way closer to the main HYDRA building.

"Me and Kat are closing in." Wanda whispered knowing to keep the element of surprise in their hands. thy snuck their way in. "We're in the building where should we - AAGH!" Wanda screamed as some agents ambushed from behind shooting her in the side.

"Oh my god, Wanda! Guys were going to need evac." Katerina spoke frantically into coms hoping someone would hear and cover them. The assassin stabilised the injured  enhanced beside her while trying to fight off the other agents with her weapons knowing she needed to save her energy to get Wanda back to the Quinjet. "Guys were outnumbered, someone needs to get Wanda to the quinjet."

"Kat I'm fine." Her voice was raspy and full of pain as the injury worsened.

Steve ran around the corner and gently lifted Wanda. "Kat you going to be ok taking care of them?" He tilted his head towards the incoming agents.

"Yes just get Wanda back to the jet." The assassins voice came out more demanding than she meant but it did the trick, Steve ran back to the ship with the enhanced in his arms.