09

The plan was set

The plan was set. The Lothbrok siblings would avenge the death of their father. They would kill King Ecbert and King Aelle. And they would do it soon.

Isi was ecstatic, she was finally leaving Kattegat. After all there was nothing left for her there now, her mother was dead. She had no one to stay for.

She wasn't necessarily the strongest of the siblings, but she wasn't exactly the weakest either. They all had individual strengths and weaknesses, like any other human being.

The boat ride was rather long, Isi's head remaining over the side of the boat for most of it. Her weekly meals making an appearance, leaving her system and entering the ocean.

She felt dreadful, never in her left had she experienced such a sickly feelingly. Her head grew dizzy as she pulled her self back into the boat, her eyes laying half shut.

"Daughter of Ragnar gets sea sick, now I really have seen everything" came Floki's voice, followed by his signature giggle. A smile grew on Isi's face at his comment.

Floki was the closest thing Isi had to a father growing up. He would bring her small figures he would carve out of wood when he built his boats. And Helga would take care of her when Aslaug needed some time to herself. Or going to fuck the man she had an affair with.

Both of her parents where whores, and Isi knew it. Sigurd would usually catch them, especially their mother. His and Ivars arguments would normally revolve around Sigurd not being loved enough as a child. Isi pitted him, she really did.

"I do apologise Floki, but if you haven't forgotten I was stuck on that bastarding island my whole life" she replied playfully. Floki, along with her brothers began laughing once more, as Isi threw her self back off the boat.

Pulling her self back onto the boat, wiping her mouth with her sleeve. Isi collapsed back down beside Hvitsirk, closing her eyes almost immediately. Throwing up look a lot out a person, Isi couldn't understand how pregnant women could handle it.

Noticing how his sister was drifting off, Sigurd pulled off his cloak and lay it over her body. Though it was cold, he would rather he be the one that shivered instead of her.

Hvitsirk pulled her into him, her head now laying on his shoulder as his hand wrapped over hers. He looked down at her, placing a small kiss onto the top of her head, stroking her hair to help her relax.

"Do you think she will survive the battle?" Sigurd asked beside Floki. Their eyes all turned to the sleeping girl, smiling as they noticed her stir.

"She's a fighter brother" Bjorn reassured him, placing a hand onto the shoulder of his younger brother.

"Maybe, but she has never had any fighting experience in her life. She will probably die" Hvitsirks voice was low, almost a whisper as he thought of the way his sister might perish.

The brothers fell silent after that, all finding somewhere else to evert their eyes. The sail, the sea, anywhere. They all had premonitions on how their sister would die. Stabbed, an arrow to the heart.

"I won't allow her to die" Ivar finally spoke up, grabbing their attention one again.

"Oh really, and how are you suppose to protect her when your legs don't work, hm?" Sigurd joked, laughing at his own comment. Like always no one else did.

Just then Isi let out a annoyed groan as she slowly woke for a moment. Her eyes never opened but she was completely aware of her surroundings. Hvitsirks soft "shh" sending her back into a deep sleep.

"If the pair of you wake her with your arguing I will have both your heads on a spike" he growled, his eyes staring directly at the culprits.

They were quiet after that. No one wished for Hvitsirk to get mad, especially when it was over Isi.

***

During the night Isi jolted awake, once again her dreams haunted her. Everyone on the boat was asleep, what she could see of anyway.

She let out a relieved sigh once she realised that it was just a dream. Unknowingly catching the attention of the only remaining awake person.

"You okay Isi?" Came a harsh voice from the other end of the boat. The darkness of the night made it difficult to determine who the voice belonged to exactly.

However the figure soon came into view and Isi realised it was her eldest brother Bjorn. He looked like their father, that was very obvious.

"Another nightmare?" He asked sitting next to her. She gave him a nod in response as she wrapped Sigurds cloak around her shivering body.

"If I knew that was going to happen I would never have left you Isi" he began. "But I am proud of you for defending yourself."

Coming from the great Bjorn Ironside his words meant a lot to the girl. He was a very talented fighter, and a wise man. With his mother being Lagertha, the greatest shield maiden, she wasn't very surprised.

Isi sat twirling her blade in her hand as they came across land in the distance. Finally she was here, she was beginning to get nauseous again. Though still dark, Isi could see the small torches in the distance, most likely from small villages. No doubt they would be raided.

Though the idea of killing her fathers murderers sound like great pleasure. The thought of slaughtering innocent men didn't sit right with Isi. She may have been a Viking, but unlike her brothers, she knew when someone deserved to die.