030 : In the End

Thick red blood covered the sword and shield that Ubbe held tightly onto as he fought his way through the many Rus soldiers

At this point he had completely lost could of how many bodies he had added to the corpses, he was fighting for survival and to stop his crazy brother from destroying his home any further.

Speaking for brothers he was yet to face one of them on the battlefield, he hadn't actually seen any of his siblings since the battle begun, usually you would hear their Lothbrok battle screams but there was none but his own. He was curious.

With a quick duck followed by a swing of his sword he took the head of his opponent off with one clean swipe. Leaving his headless corpse to join the others at his feet while he moved onto his next victim.

He quickly held his shield up to block their attack, the sound of the steel and metal clashing together sounding sweet to the warriors ears. Withdrawing his sword the man went for another attack only to end up with an axe through the skull, a spray of blood covering the bottom half of Ubbe's face. He liked his lips removing the metal tasting liquid from them.

One after another more and more warriors charged at him, cutting into his flesh and leaving without their life's. He had already received many wounds and yet he carried on because a true son of Ragnar fights until the death, which he intended on doing.

After ending the life of his last victim by a quick throat slit, Ubbe took a few seconds to scan the battlefield. They were winning that was pretty clear, they had more warriors still alive on the battlefield, yet there was still no sign of his siblings. How could he not find at least one of them? There was four on the battlefield.

An ear bleeding shriek then suddenly came from behind him, his quick reflexes causing him to turn around. There's where he found his young nephew bravely battling two men at once, though with him being a child it was clear that he would be dead if he did not interfere. Isi would have his head on a spike if she found out he did nothing.

Picking his axe from a body on the ground, he drew his arm back and aimed the weapon straight at one of the men. It impaled him in the back causing him to scream out in pain while dropping to his knees, surprisingly the second man fell along with him, a second axe having being sunk into the side of his head. The young boy now being drenched in blood.

As Ubbe approached Nikolas another figure was also doing the same, the boy backed towards Ubbe for safety as they bent down to retrieve their axe. Lifting their head back up to look at the pair Ubbe saw those same Dark eyes that he had looked at so many times.

"No need to be afraid Nikolas, he is also your uncle. He will not harm you" Ubbe told the small boy without taring his eyes from his younger brother. Finally he had found a member of his family.

However their moment was cut short by a members the Rus charging at Ubbe from behind. Just as his sword tore open the back of his armour he felt a sting at the side of his face. It took him a moment but he soon realised that he was now bleeding from another part of his body due to Hvitisirks axe flying past him and hitting the attacker in the face. Saving his life.