Ch.2 What Is Going On?

Chaeyoung POV

I know people need their space and go through things but Tzuyu has been acting really weird for the past two weeks. When Fancy and Feel Special came out she became more expressive to the public and even more expressive with us but in the past two weeks it's like she went back to before when she was still worried about showing too much. It concerns me so much that I ask her if she's alright but she just gives me a fake smile and attempts to reassure me that she's alright. Whenever we make eye contact she looks away and her face always looks stoic but her eyes basically scream confliction. I try to give her hugs but she stiffens and does little gestures to reciprocate my efforts or she just does that same small, fake smile at me. She's hiding something and it seems like I'm the only person who's concerned! So now, I get answers.

"Jeongyeon-unnie! Nayeon-unnie!" I yell as I enter the bedroom of the four unnies which was currently just occupied by the two.

"What?" They asked in unison, both on Nayeon's bed watching something on their iPad.

"I want to talk to you two about something," I said closing the door behind me, "Well, someone."

"What's up?" Nayeon asked and I walked over to the before sitting on the edge of the bed.

"It's about Tzuyu," I start, "She's been acting weird recently but it doesn't seem like you guys have talked to her and she won't tell me anything."

"Hm? Tzuyu seems fine to us," Jeongyeon said looking at Nayeon with a look and they did what I could tell was some form of silent communication.

"What do you mean? She's been quiet and spacing out and she always looks like something is on her mind," I said, my voice got louder and louder as I talked.

"Chaeng, Tzuyu's strong and she probably does have some things on her mind," Nayeon replied, "I have a few guesses as to what could be bothering her but we think she's fine."

"What do you mean by a few guesses? What could it be?" I asked and they just shrugged it off, their nonchalant reply infuriates me. I huffed before getting up and leaving the room. I need to get answers or advice from someone and who better than Jihyo Park. I knocked on the door before entering and when I did I saw no one was in there so I closed the door and went to the living room. Still no one and so I went to the place I should've gone to first and found the others: Momo, Sana, Jihyo, and Dahyun having a quick jokbal snack. I approach them and tell them what I told Nayeon and Jeongyeon and they all seem to share the same silent communication with knowing glances, which frankly, pissed me off.

"Why are you all looking at each other like that? How come it's like I'm the only person who doesn't seem to know what the hell is going on?" I asked frustrated and they all smiled sympathetically at me.

"We know what's going on but it's not our place to say," Jihyo said, rubbing my head, "When Tzuyu wants to talk she will...but for now, let her be and don't stop being you. I'm sure she'll come to terms with herself and whatever problem she's having if we treat her like we usually do." I sigh before getting up and when I enter the living room, Mina arrives home. Perfect.

"Mina-unnie," I say, hugging her and although she's surprised she hugs me back.

"Chae? What's up?" she asks and we both sit down on the couch in the living room. I rant to her and she just nods and smiles, letting me blow off steam. This is why I like Mina, she listens and is comforting.

Mina POV

It hurts a little to know what's going on. Tzuyu likes Chae, Chae likes me...and...funnily enough...I like Tzuyu. I'm determined to help Tzuyu but Chaeyoung still clings to me. I wish Chaeyoung could see all that Tzuyu has done for and with her. I wish she could see the obvious hints that Tzuyu drops but nope, she's oblivious. I heard from Jihyo that Tzuyu is dealing with the decision to continue to try and pursue Chae or try to move on from her and it seems that Tzuyu has decided to try and move on from her. Although I find it sad and relatable that she's dealing with all of this quietly and has to watch her crush like someone else...I still want to help her. I need to find some way to get Chaeyoung to start liking Tzuyu or at the very least, notice her efforts. I like Tzuyu but I want her to be happy and I know that Chae is the only one in the group that she has a 100% soft spot for.

"Chaeng, I'm sure Tzuyu is going to be alright and the others were right in saying to treat her normally," I say when she's done talking, "She's just processing some things but if you notice something really wrong. Like she's crying, you should obviously comfort and ask her what's wrong."

"I guess I just might then..." Chae sighs and I smile, this situation is a very complicated yet simple one indeed.