Ch.3 Are You Sure About That?

Tzuyu POV

When I got home, I immediately went to my shared dorm room. My day has been exhausting. When I entered the room, Chaeyoung was the only one in the room and she appeared to be watching kdramas or something. She looks cute all snuggled up in a blanket and her phone illuminating the dimly, sunset-light filled room.

"Hey," I say and she looked at me, her eyes widened and she immediately jumped out of the blanket and put her phone down.

"Hey!" She said loudly and I looked at her, with an eyebrow raised, "Tzuyu...how have you been?"

"I'm fine, I guess," I shrug as I change out of the clothes I've been wearing all day into more comfortable clothes. It makes me a little flustered knowing I'm changing clothes in front of her but to be honest, everyone in this dorm has seen each other naked at least once.

"No, you're not!" She said as she climbed down from her bunk and sat on my bed. I walked over, sat next to her and pretended to chuckle.

"What do you mean?" I ask, looking her in the eyes. I hope she can't read my mind.

"Tzu, you've been acting really weird lately," Chaeyoung explains, "You were more expressive but these past few weeks you've been quiet and I can tell something is bothering you."

"Really?" I feigned confusion, "Nothing is bothering me."

"I'm not  dumb!" Chaeyoung says draping her arms over my shoulders and swaying both of us back and forth as she gets frustrated. 

Are you sure about that? and I chuckled at the irony of her words. I glance over at her and she was doing her cute little pout. Her bottom lip was out and her eyebrows were furrowed as she glared into my eyes.

"Chingu Tzuyu, you can't fool me," She said a little louder, "I won't be nosy but I want you to know I'm here for you if you are going through something."

"Your concern for me is adorable," I say and smile at her. I don't know if I imagined it but her cheeks turned a light shade of pink before she let go of me and stood in front of me. I was a little sad that she stopped hugging me but as she stood in front of me she planted her left hand on top of my head.

"Of course I'd be concerned, you're one of my best friends and your our little Maknae," When she said little she made air quotes with her right hand that I found amusing. She ruffled my hair a little before smiling at me one last time and leaving the room. After a few moments I sighed and fell backward onto my bed.

"Friend zoned and Maknae-zoned, huh," I whisper and although I smiled...I could feel what I knew would be salty, bitter tears forming in my eyes.

Why do I always cry so easily?

-------------------------

A bit of a shorter chapter but it's a chapter lol