Ch.5 A Shocking Discovery...and Proposal?

Tzuyu POV

It's been a few hours since Chaeyoung left to go to Somi's. I remember how jealous I used to be of their relationship...to be honest I was jealous of everyone's relationship with Chaeyoung. I found myself wishing I was one of them but I never tried to be like anyone else. I was told by Nayeon that I shouldn't let someone fall in love with a me that's not me. So I kind of got used to the feeling of jealousy and the other bitter feelings that came with having an unrequited love. 

"Tzuyu-yah! Come over here!" Jihyo's voice echoed through the hallway. 

I reluctantly got up from laying in bed and opened the door before walking down to where Jihyo was. When I got to the living room, she was sitting there with Mina and it appeared that Jihyo was trying to look for a movie or something.

"Tzuyu, what was the name of the kdrama you watched the other day?" Jihyo asked and I frowned.

"I didn't watch a kdrama?" I replied and this time it was her turn to frown.

"Then it was Momo...MOMO!" She yelled but no response.

"I think she's taking a nap," Mina replied quietly. 

"Ah...Well, I'll wake her up and maybe she can help me get dinner too," Jihyo sighed as she got up and left the two of us alone.

It was a somewhat awkward silence but it quickly changed after a few moments. We casually talked about things and I told her about Tzuyu's confrontation that was a "failure at connecting dots."

"She's quite oblivious..." Mina chuckled, but the amusement didn't reach her eyes, "But the person I like is almost as hopeless."

"You like someone? And it's not Chae?" I asked, sitting up taller and facing the older girl.

"Yeah..." She chuckled and after what seemed to be intense contemplating, she looked me in the eyes and said, "You."

I felt my eyes widen and my jaw drop a little; I was not expecting that.

"Me?" Was all I could make out as she nodded.

"Don't worry though, I want to help you and Chaeng get together," She smiled sincerely but her eyes showed hints of pain.

"W-what? W-why? Mina-Unnie, I don't want to hurt you more..." I stuttered, "I'm really sorry that I can't reciprocate your feelings, you're really amazing Mina-Unnie." 

"Don't worry, Tzu," She smiled again but this time there was a pinch of what looked like hope, "This can benefit all of us. The love triangle ends, Chae realizes her feelings that she doesn't know she has, you get your feelings out to your crush, and I'm one step closer to getting over you."

I sat there for a moment thinking about everything Mina-Unnie said. I know she's being sincere, she's not the kind of person to have sneaky ulterior motives. I just couldn't believe this love triangle...people say SaDaMo is the biggest love triangle of TWICE but little do they know that it's actually MiChaeTzu. 

"...do you really think Chaeng has hidden feelings for me?" I ask looking her in the eyes.

"Absolutely," Mina started but stopped and I turned to see who she was looking at. Jihyo-Unnie entered the room once again and flopped down in-between us.

"I think so too," Jihyo casually replied before explaining that Momo wouldn't get up so she's ordering take out for dinner.

"What should I? We? Do?" I asked looking from one Unnie to the other.

"Try talking to someone who's been in your shoes and has moved passed it," Jihyo replied. 

"But I don-" I started before a name popped into my mind, I immediately got up, thanked both of them, bowed especially to Mina, and went back to my room.

When I got back to my room, I pushed the door behind me leaving it ajar. I didn't bother closing it all the way, this call is probably going to be quick anyways. I picked up my phone and searched in my contacts for 'Lisa M - BP' and opened our DM's. I laughed at the last time we texted each other, it was almost a year ago. I texted her a 'Hey' and after a few minutes she responded. I asked her if I could call her about something important anytime soon and just my luck, she can call me now. 

"What's up, Tzuyu-yah?" She asks casually as if we've been talking.

"First, thank you for answering me and I'm sorry we don't text or anything," I apologized and even bowed although I know she can't see it.

"It's alright, Tzu," She chuckled, "What'd you wanna talk about that's important?"

"You know how you had unrequited feelings for Jennie?" I asked and she made a noise in confirmation, "How'd you tell her you liked her? And why did you?"

"Ah...well, I was tired of keeping my feelings to myself. I knew that Jennie would understand and although it may be awkward at first if she didn't like me back, we'd be okay," She explained, "Some people think it's the end when you confess and get rejected or friend-zoned but it can be a beginning. I was fortunate enough to have my feelings reciprocated but I was told that if she did reject me or friend-zone me, it would help me move on."

"So...if I confess to Chaengie and she doesn't reciprocate my  feelings...I'd at least be a step closer to getting over her?" I said out loud, and Lisa chuckled, "Wait did I say-"

"It's cool, you two are cute, I won't tell if you don't want me to..." Lisa said softly, "So you like the Strawberry Princess?"

"Yeah...I've had feelings for her for years but didn't realize it until over a year ago..." I said and I paced back and forth now.

"Well, then, you confess to her and make sure to include that it's okay if she doesn't like you back. Explain how the confession is also a way for you to move on and express how important your current friendship is to you," Lisa advised and nodded while humming in agreement.

"Thank you Lisa-Unnie, I think I'll take all parts of my confession into consideration now," I said before bidding her farewell and hanging up.

I put down my phone and take out a piece of paper to help me structure the confession...I need to do this.