Chapter 5

Y/n pov:       

As we were driving in i looked out of the window from my seat behind Reki and saw people skate boarding around and past the car "Tch so dangerous" i heard Manager Oka say Reki replied but i was to zoned out to hear it, i was mesmerised by the how skillfully the people skated then i remembered 'Hes skating against Shadow' i bit my lip and looked down at my lap thinking about how i can prevent him from going against Shadow. "Hey cheer up" i felt a finger lift up my chin and i was met with big reddish brown eyes "Look i can tell your worried but i can do this have faith in me" he said removing his finger from my chin into a thumbs up while poking his chest, i don't know why but this action made me laugh a bit. Me and Manager Oka stood next to eachother in the crowd while Reki went towards Shadow "I thought you made a run for it" Shadow said while crossing his arms "Im gonna have you take back the fact you dissed my skating Shadow" Reki said with a determined look on his face, then all of a sudden loads of people started screaming "BEEF REKI AND SHADOW HAVE BEEF!" this startled me a little and when i looked at Reki i noticed he was starring right back at me and he smiled, i know he was trying to reassure me but it wasn't working. *Beep* *Beep* as the loud alarms went off Manager Oka spoke "Be careful Reki" i nodded and thought the same. As a woman signalled with a flag to begin the race Reki and Shadow instantly went off with Shadow ahead of him, i turned a little to look at the giant screen and started fiddling with the hem of my hoodie then i felt a hand on my shoulder, i looked up to see Manager Oka looking down at me "Don't worry if he does get injured im sure he will be ready for it" i looked down and mumbled "Wow that helps a lot" i think he must have heard me because he just chuckled and looked back at the screen taking his hand off of my shoulder. A couple of minutes had gone by with Reki now gaining on Shadow he quickly sped by him taking the lead and then i saw Shadow take something from his pockets then i rembered 'Its those blow up things' i thought and as he put them in his hand i screamed "NOO!!!" i quickly shoved all of the people crowding me away and started running on the track but i stopped when i heard a crash "I was to late DAMMIT!" i yelled as i started running over where Reki and Shadow were. As i got there i saw Reki lying on the floor and i looked at his arm which was covered in blood, i kneeled down next to him taking him and putting him on my lap "I told you" i glared at him and he flinched as i took my bag off my shoulder and took a bandage and a cloth with water out of it, i knew this was going to happen so i brought supplies. I started cleaning his wound and bruised arm and he winced "You wouldn't be wincing if you had listened to me" i said still glaring at him, he stayed silent and averted his gaze away from me. "Alright im finished" i said putting the supplies back in the bag and hoisting Reki's good arm up over my shoulder lifting him up "Im sorry" he said as he snatched his arm back and started walking away he looked back "You should go back with Manager Oka im sure he will take you back" he said clenching his fists looking defeated, i felt bad for him knowing how much he wanted to win the race "W-wait what am i going to tell your mum" he stopped and looked to the side "I will be back by then" that's all he said then continued to walk off, i sighed i wasn't mad at him for being angry because i know right now he's probably beating himself up over it. When i got back the crowd had dispersed and i saw Manager Oka leaning against the fence so i walked up to him, his face lit up as he noticed me "How is he?" he asked "He injured his arm pretty badly but other than that hes fine just a few scrapes and bruises" "Did he seem off?" i looked at him and looked up "By off do you mean depressed and angry then yes" he chuckled and i looked at him with a confused face "Don't worry about it he's always like that when he looses a race give it till morning and he will be fine" i smiled "Thank god i don't think i could deal with an angry Reki all day" he laughed "Me to" we both get in the car and he drops me off at Reki's house. When i walked in i didn't see Reki's parents so i just went to his room and as i opened the door i saw him struggling with taking his shirt off, i blushed at seeing his his bare torso again and walked over to him standing on his bed and pulling it off over his head "Huh" he looked up at me and smiled then sighed as he sat down on the bed "Uh thanks and im sorry for being angry with you" i looked at him and sat down next to him "Im not upset with you i don't need an apology i understand that you weren't really mad at me you were mad at yourself" i looked down to see him clenching his fist and without thinking i put my hand over it and he instantly unclenched it and looked at me i just smiled and was taken aback when he suddenly pulled me in for a hug, i blushed realising my body was up against his bare chest but i wrapped my arms around his waist and returned his hug and burried my face deeper into his chest it was surprisingly soft for a guy who was well built. He never pulled away and i felt safe in his hold i knew no one could touch or hurt me when he's around, i smiled to myself and within moments i fell asleep in his arms, i don't think i knew how exhausted i really was.