Boundaries

Summary: It's okay to change your mind anytime.
———————————————————————

Shuichi was laying stock still on the bed.

His boyfriend, Makoto, was on top of him and trailing sweet kisses down his neck. Both their shirts were off, binders still on.

Makoto pressed his hands onto his shoulders. "I'm going to make you feel good, okay?"

This felt.. not good.

But that was normal, wasn't it? It's-.. it's probably supposed to feel like this at the start. It'll get better.

Shuichi swallowed, then nodded. "Okay."

Once the shorter male had enough of his neck, he began peppering his lips down further, gently pressing his forehead to his binder. And then, Makoto slowly slipped down to his stomach.

Soon enough, he was done there.

Which meant he'd go lower.

And he did. The pants were coming undone.

His thighs. His thighs were getting kissed, and they were bare, and then his hips would be next, and then..

This is fine. This is fine. This is fine, this is fine, this is fine, this is-

"Are you okay?"

No. I don't know. I feel bad. Is that normal?

"..y-yeah."

Makoto could tell. Shuichi knew it from the look in his eyes.

"Do you want to stop?"

"Yeah."

And just like that, they stopped.

After getting his pants back on, Shuichi simply sat on the edge of the bed next to Makoto. What happened next? Was his boyfriend okay?

Makoto clearly wanted this. He expected this. This wasn't fair to him. He needed an apology.

"I-I'm sorry."

The shorter male looked at him. "You don't need to apologize. There's nothing to be sorry for."

"But.. you wanted to, right?"

"Yeah. But your boundaries are yours, Shuichi. And I want you to be happy. There's no point in doing it if we aren't both enjoying it."

"What gave it away?"

"You ever hear of non-verbal consent?"

When Shuichi shook his head, Makoto continued. "It's when you say that you want it through your body language. I figured recoiling wasn't a good sign."

Hm, that made a lot of sense. Maybe he should research it himself sometime. Makoto snapped him out of his thoughts. "And.. are you okay now? It's alright to be honest."

"I'm okay, I think. But.. I don't think I'm ready yet. To do the thing, I mean."

"That's okay. I'll wait however long you need."

"..thank you. Can we just cuddle instead?"

"Yeah."

It was a nice night. Not in the way either of them expected, but nice.

———————————————————————
Respect people's boundaries or I will kick your ass so hard your vertebrae will pop out of your mouth one by one like a pez dispenser