Tavern Boy

There he is again, sitting at the bar, his hand is holding a giant mug of wine. 'Barbatos', also known as 'God of Monstadt', is sitting in the bar getting drunk while singing like a sick alcoholic. You didn't fancy him at first, but you understood. Everyday, he drowns his sorrow with his daily dose of beer, trying not to think too much. Everyday, plays a tune for the citizens of Monstadt, but it accidentally plays a tune from the past. You knew Venti, you knew he was hiding his sober. You want to help but....what could you do? You walked up to him as you tried to shrug off his thoughts. "Another!!", Venti squealed as he smashed the wooden jug onto the table. 

"It's me, _____", you told Venti. "Oh hey...Traveller....you'd like to try some fine wiiiinee?", Venti was so drunk. He was spinning around as his eyes seemed droopy. "Your tab is not going to look good.", you said in a strict tone. "It never did anyways~", Venti exclaimed as he reaches to another jug of wine. You sit down next to him, he looks like he was too drunk to care anyways. Venti slowly crawled onto the table, his head falling on top of his arms. He...fell asleep. Charles, the bartender stares as you nervously said: "His drinks are on me". You shouldn't be giving him any more chances, but you did anyways. You've been worried sick about Venti, he hasn't been himself and sometimes he says depressing things that makes you want to care for him more. Even after what had happened to him so long ago, it seems that his feelings are still desolated.

He softly snores and slips into slumber, leaving his body right next to a few empty jugs, at least he does not waste any wine he drinks. But heck, chugging 22 jugs of wine is certainly not very healthy to his body or his wallet. Your house was too far away, and you didn't want to carry him across Monstadt while everyone stares at you hugging Venti like a princess. You excused Charles if you could let him rest on the bed upstairs as he approves. He was a bit heavy, but manageable as you gently lay his body onto a soft bed sheet. He was still sleeping soundly, and you really didn't want to leave him sleeping in the tavern. 

You waited for him to wake up, but he was really in for some deep sleep. You decided to lay back as well, the wooden floor was a bit hard but you had an extra pillow to comfort your head. You slept right next to Venti, you didn't tell him but it was your first time. It really isn't anything wrong but you felt so anyways, you remained a bit of distance but just enough to look at Venti's braids. How long has he been growing those braids? Who dyed his braids as well cause they look really cool. A few questions were thrown into your thought before your eyes slowly closed, and you felt a strange sense that made you close your eyes and fall into slumber.