Peculiar Dreams

Your eyes opened. You look around and stood up, you were shocked to see what lied ahead of you. The place was so familiar...and you were wrapping your head around what was going on. The sky was dark, and fire burnt all over a tall castle. The wind was whirling intensely, rain cascading down the thunderstorms as you could hear loud roars in this deteriorating tower. War was incessant and you were in the middle of the chaos. You tried taking cover while arrows were flying everywhere, brave soldiers fell to the ground as the carnage slowly fades away. You managed to dodge some close calls and it led you to a familiar sight. You saw Venti's face, his eyes were full of light as he pulls his bow, striking the heart of some sort of godly being. You couldn't comprehend what it was, but you felt as if it was a ruler or some sort. Just as you saw the amazing sight, the godly figured spreads out a few dozen of arrows as it pierces through Venti's chest, leaving him falling and you were in shock. Just as Venti tumbles onto the floor, a little bird looked at you as a glaring light shines upon you...

You were back to your senses, lying on top of the wooden floor in the tavern. You were breathing heavily, unable to comprehend what you had just witnessed. Venti started holding your shoulder and wrapping you around, as if he was trying to comfort you. "I...I'm sorry I frightened you.", Venti said calmly. At this point, you could feel a gust of wind flew by you as you feel Venti's warmth, but you were still visualizing after what you saw. "Venti...what happened?", you asked worriedly. Venti sighed. It was surely a nightmare, or a memory Venti could not forget. "It is a perpetual nightmare....what happened a long time ago...", Venti slowly says, he puts his arms down as he sits right next to you. "I...I have not been heart to heart to someone for a long time now...", Venti mutters. "It's okay...tell me anything you want to.", you mentioned. Venti was ready to talk about what he felt, and so he opened up.

"
The wind blows gently, as the lyre plays a tune.
This brings back memories, as I hope he returns soon.

In this perpetual illusion, I still remember his face.
With his great determination, his body fell in grace.

It takes me to back then, when I first heard his music.
He was more than just a friend, he was already my lucid.

He gave us tomorrow, as he sacrificed for the kingdom.
He is Monstadt's hero, and he brought us our freedom.
"

Venti sighed, he really needed some comfort and care. He has been holding it in for nearly 2600 years, and he doesn't get many chances to open up. You have the urge to just give him a hug, as if he desperately needs it. "Venti...", you reached to him and gave him a warm hug, he needed it anyways. You could see his sorrow, even if it was well beneath his eyes. "It's...it's not easy being someone everybody worships, but for the wrong reason...", Venti sighed. "Venti...even if you were not the one that saved Monstadt, you still nurtured it and gave the city hope! Even though Barbatos was the one that gave the city freedom, you were the one that nurtured the city into what it is right now.", you exclaimed. "I....I'm not Barbatos. Barbatos is the Anemo Archon, I am just a bard that gets drunk most the time...I'm...I am Venti.", Venti exclaimed. "You may be Venti...but the spirit of Barbatos lives on with you...and so does your friend that freed Monstadt.", you exhaled. Venti slowly felt relieved, as he slowly lets you go. You could tell by the look in his eyes, he was comforted. He deserves it, he has been bottling it up for way too long. You're glad that you can help him open up.

"Let me take you somewhere.", Venti exclaimed as he slowly stood up. You followed him out of the tavern and into the city.