The Secret

It's the day before my 13th birthday, I'm feeling a bit weird, oh well probably just a cold. I was on my way to school, when a little boy ran passed me. He was being chased by older kids, maybe around my age. I started to run after them. Once I caught up to the little boy, I grabbed his arm and pulled him into the bushes "wow thank you for helping me" the little boy said with a grin "my brothers were mad at me, I took the last piece of bacon" "your welcome" I giggled, I helped him up and then proceeded to walk to school "wow I've never ran that fast before" "TALKING TO YOURSELF AGAIN RAT!!" oh dear the 'Trouble Makers' I've been running from these guys for three years. "Yup what's it to ya" I alway acted big around them to scare them "I like your necklace" said Merissa, the only girl in the group "thanks I got as an early birthday" she cut me off "give it to me NOW!!" "NO" I screamed and started to run. They won't be able to catch me now I'm to quick for them. I made it to school with out them catching me. My necklace had a pretty pendent on it, it was purple with a pink design on it that kinda looked like a bird and had a golden rim around it, it was the most beautiful necklace I've ever seen. My friend Sammy came over "Hey May" she giggled "ha ha very funny, Sam" "we're going to be late for class" I said. The bell rang. After school I went home. I had homework so I sat down and did it. My mom came home at 6:00 o'clock, made dinner then went to the garden to pick the fruit for my birthday. She didn't speak to me at all, oh well. My dad came home at 8:00, I went for a shower then went to bed, I was very tired. My alarm woke me up "Yes it's my birthday" I felt dizzy when I got up my mom and dad were in the kitchen "May, come here darling" my mom said "we have to tell you something" my dad said with a disappointing tone "what?" " Your adopted sweetie" I'M WHAT! "I'm adopted" I said with a sad voice "yes, but your biological parents weren't from this world, they're what us mortals called half breeds" "oh, ok does that mean I'm a 'half breed' too" I asked for some reason I was really calm about this "yes but you wouldn't know till your 13th birthday, which is today." "Oh ok good joke everyone, so funny ok Sam come out I know this was you" "Sam's not here we're telling the truth. Oh and we are sending you to a camp for children like you, because we don't want you to hurt us when your powers grow in so go get packed". This must be a dream. I ran upstairs and flopped on my bed I tried to go back to sleep but nothing happened. It wasn't a dream, I'm actually a-a half breed, and I'm.. adopted? " We are leaving in half an hour May you better be packing!" I sadly started to pack and got ready. I went downstairs out put my stuff in the car and we left. I don't even get a party I just get to go to a camp for weirdos, how great. I was silent, listening to my music on my phone the entire time. "We're here!" My dad said. Greeted by a guard in the middle of the forest "May Revolon?" He said "come with me" I took my bags and went with him. We walked for about five minutes and then stopped. "Here we are the portal to the camp, come on now go through" "what portal I don't see anything?" He took my bags with him and pick me up and walked through a gap between two trees. We arrived at the camp I looked at him and seen he had a tail like a wolf and ears too. "You- your a wolf?" "Yes" he replied "and your a bear" he pointed to a mirror "AHH" I screamed. I had ears, claws, fangs and even a little tail. I looked around and seen kids just like me, it was actually pretty cool. I looked at the guard, he pointed and said "your cabin is that way" "thank you sir" I walked to my cabin and saw a girl who looked like a dragon "hello?" I said "Hi I'm Emerald you must be May we are cabin mates have you ever been here before" "no you?" "No but my sister came here last year" "oh cool" that must mean not everyone is adopted here. I unpacked my things and had a nap.