╰┈ three

━━━ ( 💌 ) chapter three...

" park jisung open your goddamn door! " lee jeno found himself in front of a white door, hitting or more likely slamming his palm to produce a defeaning noise, hopefully loud enough to wake his bestfriend up.

a second

and another second..

the silence was making him grow impatient, his foot only tapping on the floor as he moved his pace back and forth the hallways of the building. time was something he didn't have, an old friend he loathed. especially not when a mystery which filled him with misery and creating thousands of question marks to pop up in his head. jeno felt played, the person behind the letter controlling his emotions like a puppet, he had enough with all the memories being continuously replayed in his head. it became emotionally draining, but he was more than sure that it won't be long till he find the culprit. then maybe after that he'll deal with moving on.

finally the door creaked, revealing an annoyed male, a grumpy frown plastered on his face as he brushed his slim fingers over his scruffy hair, putting his best efforts to straighten the crumpled fabric of his white polo but it was no use. since it looked like a certain creature had ruined the condition of the fabric and also his hair, guess it also had time to leave those red patches on the latter's skin too, " what do you want ? "

" i need to meet your boyfriend, that is if he isn't busy. " jeno bluntly replied and without jisung's permission the male barged in into his apartment.

" excuse me! but this is a private property owned exclusively by park jisung! " jisung trailed behind jeno, who was occupied with opening every door present in his property. clearly the latter was looking for jisung's lover.

upon finding a dead end, jeno approached the younger male and questioned him anout his boyfriend's whereabouts, " where is chenle? i need to talk to him. "

" he's in the bathroom, " jisung replied lazily, taking a seat on the sofa grabbing a jar full of biscuits, realizing he was too busy clinging to chenle that he missed breakfast, but he couldn't blame his chinese dolphin for looking too attractive early in the morning, " by the way, what are you doing here? you haven't visited us for like what? a good four months. "

" i need to ask chenle something, cause there's a possibility that he's still alive, " the older muttered out of the blue, not wanting to mention his name.

" who is this "he" that you are talking about jeno? as far as i know there are about a million homo sapiens walking on this planet, so please enlighten me about this person, " jisung scoffed, shoving another piece of biscuit into his mouth.

jeno sent a glare to the former and it was enough for jisung to understand, " oh him, please jeno there's in no way that he is possibly alive, i'm sorry to tell you this but na kyungmin died-"

" don't say that! "

" jeno, it's been four years, i know it's hard but instead of wasting your time wishing that he would return which sadly will never happen you just have to cherish your memories together and move on with life! " the latter knew how this topic was relatively sensitive for jeno, moving on wasn't as simple too but kyungmin himself would have been disappointed if he caught a glimpse of his best friend shedding a tear or torturing himself emotionally because of his disappearance.

jeno only shook his head, he pulled the piece of paper from his pocket and shoved it to jisung, " there is in no way i can move on after reading this."

dear jeno,

resting against your shoulder was his favorite thing to do, but how tiring it was being his best friend huh ? everyday you would have to do the honors of waking a grumpy kyungmin, which was a difficult task to do since both of you would end up cuddling on his bed receiving many scoldings later on from your teachers. he always describes your hug as warm and loving, which was why he loved olaf because just like you he gives warm hugs, for him you were a human olaf who was always there to share your warmth in his coldest days. it's sad that both of you didn't have much time, maybe if time wasn't that cruel then maybe kyungmin would have gathered more courage to say those three words he never could.

- n.jm

jisung's eyes scanned over the writing on the paper, he found it odd that the person behind the letter knew almost everything about kyungmin, even the smallest details, " who is this person? "

" i don't know, and as long as they keep sending me this letter there is in no way i can forget about the memories," jeno paused taking a deep breath to ease the pain forming in his chest, " i will always miss him."

and he fell again.

why was moving on so hard? why after 4 years of succeeding, someone just had to ruin his efforts?

the younger male who saw jeno sobbing uncontrolably only could pat his back in remorse, he shouldn't have pressed the idea of moving on too much to his best friend who clearly needed his time. by then the atmosphere turned dull as a the creak of the door startled both of them.

" w-why is jeno crying? " chenle entered the room greeted by a concerning view, his hair still wet from the shower.

jisung only signalled chenle to come closer and showed him the letter, just like jisung chenle was taken aback. was the sender a stalker? how'd they know everything?

" chenle, " jeno finally muttered out, wiping the liquid flowing from his eyes, " did you write the letter? "

" what-" he raised his eyebrows but everything started to click, " someone handed me a piece of paper, he was dressed in all-black, i thought it was something important so i placed it in the bag, i'm so sorry jeno i didn't know."

jeno shook his head and sent both of them a reassuring smile, " it's fine, i know you're telling the truth."

" we need to find the sender of this letter, jeno how if it's a stalker or someone who wants to harm you? " jisung suggested the idea and chenle nodded showing agreement.

sniffing, the eldest out of the three nodded, taking the letter in his grasp he glared at it with nothing but hatred," let' start with the initials then."

three letters.

the sender's initial was going to provide the biggest hint and jeno was more than eager to solve the puzzle that this n.jm person had created for him.

" i'm going to find you, whoever you are."

⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ elena is typing

⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ elena is typing ...
chensung as a side ship cuz im soft for them. seems like jeno is going to be pretty dedicated on finding the mysterious sender, or you could probably guess who it is by the initials. but what does he have to do with all of this ? how does he know all the memories jeno had with kyungmin ? gotta leave you guys with your braincells and get namjoon to help yall, stay healthy peeps, toodles !!