╰┈ thirteen

━━━ ( 💌 ) chapter thirteen...

jaemin's pov

" jaemin-ah, i'm going to meet someone, " jangmi noona uttered to me in the middle of the silence whilst fixing her coat, " if anything happens-"

i stopped the strings of word from escaping her mouth, nodding as i could sense what they were, " i know i know, i will call you don't worry."

" i'll be back in an hour and i already asked the nurse to prepare you dinner at six, " she continued chattering and i only nodded, " also don't forget to take your medicines before you sleep alright? "

" gotcha captain, " i snapped my hand at her and she could only roll her eyes, " who are you meeting by the way? "

i questioned nonchalantly out of my curiosity, but i saw how she halted her actions and how the color drained from her face.

she finally spoke up, " i'm meeting up with my boss to umm dicuss about my job yeah. "

i shrugged it off not considering her body motion as something peculiar.  jangmi turned her heels and exited my room off to meet her boss.

with her figure no longer present in the room, i adverted my attention to my new found hobby.

knitting, sounds quite surprising huh? actually i would have never expected myself to develop this hobby as i had no interest in fashion what-so-however. but being suffocated in the hospital room led to me basically being desperate to find any activity, so when i found a knitting kit lying somewhere in my drawer i took it as an opportunity and a way to escape my endless boredom.

i starred at the video displayed on my phone explaining the steps of knitting a keychain, my head churning out of a sudden, i couldn't pin point exactly why but thankfully the messy strings were slowly forming a firm shape of a bird.

" finally! " i cheered internally and clapped my hand once i succeeded. my hands reached for the keychain as i observed every inch of it, a proud smile emerged on my face as i admired my work.

i had it all planned, how i was going to tell jeno about the truth. the letters i have already written, the simple present already in my hand, but the only thing i needed was my courage, and sadly i felt like i was lacking just that.

i glanced outside the window, where the a flock of blue birds danced gracefully around the light air. i was a blue bird, a teenager with all his freedom in his best days but without jeno, i'm more like the lifeless wind after the blue bird dissapears—living only to regret my mistakes.

but i was determined to change that, i wasn't going to bury myself in guilt rather i was going to chin up and face the harsh reality that was waiting for me. again, everything's easier said than done, it was proven by how i bit my lip everytime i thought of the same repetitive scenario.

i needed to calm myself down, i told myself my panic rose. i scurried to pull my iv bag and reached for the wheelchair near my bed, settling my thin body on it as i head to the hospital garden. it was a way of coping with my worries, i had to escape from the room and find a place where i could ease my stress.

after arriving upon the view of the garden located at the very top, i moved the wheelchair nearer to the railings where i planted a small patch of fresh purple irises.

i took the small pot and caressed thr flora's smooth surface, whilst playing with it. i heard a familiar chirping and when i raised my head to face the metal bar, there it was. my vision started blurring but i could make out a faint a curious blue bird, analyzing my human appearance.

still with my lightheaded condition and my blurry vision, i pushed myself to approach the bird on the railing. but every step i took, my pain worsened, still i went on.

my chest tightened and cold sweat started dripping intensely from my forehead, then out of the blue it felt like heaven dropped a huge brick on my shoulders in result my body stumbled unable to support my weight, just as my grasp reached the metal railings.

i felt my frail body and how it met the surface of the ground, i could only feel the change of color on the sky, and when i tried  gathering my energy so i could stand up,

then it started.

the pain in my chest rolled.

this was my second worst nightmare, and the part i hated the most was, as much as i tried to fight it i couldn't. the ground just pulled me to its grasp. when i started to lose my consciousness, i took for what could be the last time the sight of the blue bird on the bar next to me.

hope would save me, i was sure.

i have hope, so when the darkness took control of my sight i knew i was going to wake up. i was going to hear jangmi noona's endless scoldings and i was going to pull myself together to face jeno and everything would be back to where it was. i was going to get better and live life outside of the hospital.

but doubt still lied in every word i convinced myself.

no, i have hope so please not today

⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ elena is typing ...

yes this chapter is added and yes i decided to add jaemin's pov cause tbh when i published the original one i felt like i also needed to add his point of view too. anyways, the epilogue is coming on its way still working on it and *sobs this thing is coming to an end.