╰┈ four

━━━ ( 💌 ) chapter four...

dear jeno,

under the shimmering moonlight was your first kiss right ? or am i perhaps wrong ? the night after you took kyungmin to the festival, the first night in which he slept over nine and finally felt free although it came with a cost if endless scoldings from his parents. the first time a human made butterflies emerge inside his stomach, and for his heart to pound like never before.

i know you're looking for me, but don't worry cause i mean no harm. some things are meant to be told. i purposely did this cause i want you to find me. then maybe after you do, everything will start to make sense. find me jeno, i'm running out of time.

 - n.jm 

- 💌 - 

" come, i'm going to catch you don't worry," a soft whisper like a lullaby stood out amongst the many noises provided by the rustling of the leaves and the tumbling of the trees. there stood a male his arms out, a thick jacket wrapped around his waist, a brown sweater masked his built body. his smiled which made his eyes turned to a crescent like shape reassured a figure who was anxiously fumbling with his choices, a few meters above him.

the male above glanced at the empty space below him and back to the arms that were prepared to catch him. a deep breath was taken, he hoped it would calm his beating heart. but when the smile emerged from the other latter the anxiousness vanished to thin air, his heart no longer becoming a nonstop beating machine. he trusted him, and so he took a brave leap closing his eyes in the process.

" got you," he caressed the cheeks of the male who was engulfed in his arms. 

the other just buried his nose deeper to the crook of his neck, seeking for his calming scent. after he found it, the scent of coffee he radiated, he was able to mutter, " i know you won't drop me jeno."

" let's go, the festival's starting soon, " jeno released the male in his arms, settling his wiggling legs on the sturdy ground but a whine surpassed the male's mouth as jeno chuckled at his request, " alright baby kyungmin, i'll piggyback you till we reach the festival."

" that's more like it," kyungmin sighed, his fingers met jeno's blonde locks, exploring the length of his hair.

a comfortable silence laid out between them, no words were uttered just kyungmin's sigh and jeno's light humming. but suddenly a question rose to kyungmin's mind, what if faith and destiny wasn't in their side? what if time decided to be cruel and one day he would never be able to wake up because of his condition? things weren't certain, time is unpredictable and so is the future, if it was going to be the last time he would meet jeno, be in his arms then he had to take things for granted. 

" jeno, what if tomorrow something happens to my heart and i never get to wake up and see you again? "

jeno shook his head at kyungmin's ridiculous question but nonetheless he answered, " then i'll beg time to return you to me."

" silly! you think you are doctor strange or something? " kyungmin joked, the thoughts still lingering in his mind, " hmm, what if i was gone one day, will you move on with another person? "

" kyungmin-"

" no! answer my question, i want to know, " he persisted not letting jeno escape with a foolish answer this time.

jeno simply shook his head and bluntly replied," no, there is in no way i will."

" yes you will, promise me if i-"