epilogue...

5 years later...

" papa! " the slim hands of a small figure clutched the black fabric of a blonde haired male, troubled with his own business.

the male turned his body unveiling his stern jawline and sharp eyes, but when his gaze came upon the young child. he only flashed a genuine smile, " what's wrong baby min? "

" letter for papa, " the small boy lifted his hand to show the white piece of paper with yellow spots over it, meaning that it was written a long time ago.

" let's read it together shall we? "

jeno's veiny hands encircled around soomin's tiny waist as the two travelled across the messy apartment. giggles and laughter followed throughout their mini journey.

lee soomin, an angel gifted to jeno during his lowest low. a new hope that strengthened jeno when he needed it the most. a hope that resembled so much of jaemin, a young youth left by his parents in the hospital's doorstep when he was one then diagnosed with a failing kidney.

the first time jeno laid his eyes on the adorable boy was during his last meet with jaemin in the hopsital, amidst all the sobs and grief when he was crouching helplessly in the hospital hall—soomin pat his broad shoulders and handed him,

a stick of banana pocky.

" here uncle, food makes everything better! "

that's when his world transformed 360 degrees, especially after finding out that jaemin registered himself as an organ donor and his kidney was used to replace soomin's failing ones. the two didn't need a long time to bond, soomin became attached to him after the 3 days of consecutively visiting the small boy in the hospital.

on his 6th birthday, jeno remembered the moment where he held the young boy a cake, when he told him to dim the candles with his breath, to utter a wish that jeno promised he would go around the world to keep it.

he never expected soomin's wish to be so simple yet at the same time it was able to send his breath away, transforming him to a speechless soul.

" i want uncle nono to be my papa."

what was he supposed to do when an innocent child wished for such thing to him? but the more he gazed into his eyes the more he could see the scars left by his past. his eyes seemed to tell him something different, and jeno understood. the boy had a wounded past, but his present with jeno around him brought happiness, and it was going to be jeno's decision that would determine the ending to the his story, but one thing was for sure-the child wanted jeno to be apart of it, because inside his head he knew jeno brought him joy—something his past couldn't offer him.

jeno himself found his heart attached to the small boy upon him, he couldn't bare the guilt he would carry if he uttered the wrong word. just like soomin, he felt that he needed the little boy's presence in his future too.

" yes, i'll be your papa "

twenty six years old and he was already a father of a seven year old child. it truly wasn't what jeno envisioned at all, but guess destiny thought of another thing and he was more than glad to have soomin by his side.

the duo put their actions to a halt when jeno realized the sofa was in their sight. he laid soomin's light body on the sofa, giving him a light tickle making the boy giggle under his hold.