╰┈ eight

━━━ ( 💌 ) chapter eight...

it was the letter in his grasp again, as always jeno expected himself to be even more determined to find the sender, especially after reading the letter's contents-this time, instead of being raged by fury or tainted by immense misery, he only felt nostalgia. there wasn't a will to shed a tear anymore, instead it was replaced by a strong will that seemed like it was pushing him to visit a place he always avoided-for it was a place he knew would weaken him.

but now, it was like nothing was stopping him. jeno found the blue lock inside the letter and let out a light chuckle when he found that the scribbles made years and years ago with kyungmin was still evident, he almost forgot about the lock if it wasn't sent to his doorsteps. it also made his mind travel to two other things that reminded him of everything that's na kyungmin. as jeno turned the engine of his car, ushering him to the only place containing the last of kyungmin's remainings in the planet.

- 💌 -

' never thought i would be here ' jeno thought, strolling down the grassy path-rows of stones greeting him as he entered, in his left and also right. the path ended to a grassy opening occupied by three tombstones.

jeno glanced at the three marks and bowed to show his respect to the na's before taking a seat on the ground, in front of a picture framing a smile he would forever miss.

" hi nana, " he showed a bitter smile, laying the bouquet of flower beside his stone. yellow and roses, ones that he picked for a specific. it symbolizes friendship and most importantly, love. jeno noticed that his bouquet of flower wasn't alone, there was another bouquet filled with tulips right beside his.

" how's life up there? " the male first questioned, while still starring at the frame," i bet now you'll have better and longer mornings especially without my noisy voice. "

he once again chuckled, remembering his constant complains about needing his beauty sleep and having it always interrupted by jeno's calls. he was grateful that at least now he could enjoy the long mornings he so-much deserves.

jeno shuffled with the object in his pocket, and he sighed when he finally got ahold of the blue lock, " you remember this? " he caressed the surface of the delicate lock, " you told me that when we seal this lock on that bridge, it means that it will also seal our friendship forever."

he played with the lock in a circular motion, before it met the surface of the ground and jeno let it be, " let's not forget about this too then. "

" tada! i stole your favorite plushie, but don't be mad at me yet, " he added before revealing that the medium sized plushie was wrapped in a pastel blue hoodie," this is so your ryan doesn't get cold, and i'm going to place him right here, to accompany you while you sleep."

he placed the plushie beside kyungmin's stone, fixing the hoodie so it covers the plushie's body. jeno moved his body so he faced the ethereal view of the sun kissing the clouds as it set, splashing orange like hues to the sky, he pulled a banana flavored pocky and a strawberry one. knowing that kyungmin despised strawberry and would probably throw him a flip flop straight from heaven if jeno gave him strawberry, so instead he gave him the banana one, like usual.

" i miss you, everyday do you know that? " jeno started with his story, " i almost forgot about you and i thought i moved on, but someone decided to send me a bunch of letters. every single time i read them, it brings me to the past, reminds me of everything we've been through. it reminds me of you. "

he took a bite from the stick and continued, " i cried every single day, because the memories kept haunting me. that's when i realized, i never moved on anyways. i kept on getting those letters and i was more than determined to stop whoever wrote those letters to me...it kept on going until i started getting used to it, it finally hit me. life goes on, and it revolves like a circle, there will be a time when we laugh in joy, there will also be times where we cry in pain and sorrow, it's difficult to escape the pain and sorrow and it takes time but if we bury ourselves in the same scar day by day, life would mean nothing but a meaningless circle right? "

" i'm not going to cry, not because i hate you or i don't love you anymore, i miss you i really do and i will always love you...but i need to move on, and not bury myself in guilt, " jeno gave a sincere smile and starred at the landscape present in front of him, " i will forever be grateful that you were my first everything, my first best friend, my first kiss and my first love. and it's sad that you won't be my last, but i promise you-there will always be a special place for you here in my heart."

his heart felt relieved, like a heavy weight was lifted up his shoulders. he let it all out, every word he would possibly want to utter to kyungmin, and even overcome his biggest fear. jeno had said it all, and as much as he wanted to spend his time talking to kyungmin about his life, there was another problem that was yet to be solved and jeno needed to finish it.

he stood up and dusted all the soil of his denim pants before glancing at the lock beneath it, almost forgetting to place the object with the other tree. he proceed to clean it slightly and set its place beside kyungmin's frame, " rest well up there min, i love you. " jeno uttered his last words before turning his heels and taking his exit.

left behind him was kyungmin's tombstone, decorated with jeno's bouquet of various flowers, his favorite ryan plushie, a banana flavored pocky and of course the iconic blue lock with a hint of difference on it. a series of strokes  seemed to adorn the surface, and when examied closer—took a shape of a bluebird.

⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ elena is typing

⌨ ᶻᶻᶻ elena is typing ...

hello i'm back again with another chapter peeps, how'd you enjoy this one? to keep this message short i'm actually planning to finish this story this month so i'm going to try to update frequently. this story is 80% done and just putting it out there that not every story ends happily and sadly this one isn't too. but it won't end that angsty i promise. also if you're curious about why jeno drew a blue bird on the lock, you better search what blue bird symbolizes ↖(^ω^)↗. as always, stay safe and healthy you guys !!