╰┈ five

━━━ ( 💌 ) chapter five...

the clinking sounds of fingers gently swinging to the metal snapped jaemin from his everlasting trance, the pale-looking male gazed to his side making the figure of a nurse dressed in white pumping some sort of medicine to his body, the liquid was probably the only thing keeping him in this world, and jaemin knew that it was useless, he was going to perish soon enough. even the hospital's atmosphere was suffocating his lungs even more.

after the nurse was no where to be seen, jaemin embraced his surroundings fully by sitting up-sadly his limp body wasn't strong enough to support any activities that involved moving, thus the only thing he could do was stare at the ceiling, leaning over the headboard for support.

just as he was adjusting his movement, the torment struck his chest like a sharp blade burying itself deeper into the core. he hissed and lightly screamed, holding the left side of his chest that was slowly failing him. jaemin's hands weakly travelled across the drawer searching for an antidote, finally pulling out a familiar orange cylinder-like container where his pills were stored. having enough of the torment he gulped down the medicine in a split second, leaning back once again, as the pain started fading away, leaving his body alone.

" you're finally back," his raspy voice managed to break out, once he noticed that a familiar figure dressed in a black hoodie stood beside his hospital bed.

the female just nodded, placing a plastic bag down on the shelf which consisted food for both of them," just finished my part time job."

" i'm being a burden for you aren't i? " jaemin starred at her hazel eyes trying to figure out the emotions hidden behind it.

she scoffed and shoved a plastic bowl to jaemin's grasp, " i'm your cousin, it's my responsibility and my own will to take care of you, so stop overthinking with that amoeba sized brain of yours."

he pushed the bowl away, refusing to churn the protein contained inside it, instead he uttered out yet another question to his cousin, " jangmi noona, tell me honestly," he took a deep breath, knowing very well his question wouldn't receive the best response, " how much time do i have left? "

" what are you talking about huh? the doctors are treating you well, you have plenty of time to recover, " jangmi avoided his eye contact and continued busying herself with tidying jaemin's belongings.

it was all a plain lie to mask the untold truth, jaemin knew better, he would rather leave the world in peace to a place where he longed for, where he could reunite with his family rather than being bounded to the hospital bed for an eternity and living over the hard work and sacrifice of someone else. it didn't go unnoticed by the korean, how jangmi was constantly on and off from different part time jobs to support their lives, how dark circles were forming under her eyes indicating lack of sleep.

" don't lie to me, i overheard the doctor's conversation the other day, please tell me, " jaemin's body started shaking virtuously, it pained him to say he lost all hopes of living but it pained him even more to see his cousin's constant suffering because of his disease, " how much time left? "

jangmi's actions came to a halt, heaven knew she was just an angel trying to contain her pain but the truth was she was no angel, just an ordinary human born with feelings and emotion, born with a heart capable of caring but also one vulnerable of tearing, " stop! please, yes, i've been hiding my pain from you, but i did it for your good jaemin, would you ever realize that huh? i care for you, i hope and wish every single day that you will get better, " she bit her lip in distress, as jaemin only lowered his head, not a single word escaping from his mouth, " i've done my best for you, and i've only realized that it's useless...it's useless cause i'm the only one fighting for your life while you're here counting days! "