THIRTY-ONE

The plan was in no way simple.

There would be two games going on the night of April 26th. One involved Amanda and John and a married couple by the names Jeff and Lynn Denlon.

The second would be with Daniel Rigg, Eric Matthews, Art Blank, and Mark Hoffman.

John wanted these games to happen simultaneously. He was on his deathbed and in dire need of surgery. That's what Lynn was for. Gordon had recommended Lynn to John, telling him she would be perfect for the surgery that was needed. On top of that, her husband Jeff hadn't been "appreciating life" as much as John felt he should be. 

John had found out that Amanda's traps were inescapable and was very upset that arguably his most beloved apprentice was undermining him and going about her own agenda. 

John was the one who had told Hoffman to send the key to Special Agent Peter Strahm. He had a future plan for Strahm, which included the glass box trap that Hoffman had observed so long ago. 

Everything was basically planned out for Hoffman in the future. He was supposed to be working with Amanda, but Amanda had already been telling him that she didn't want the test subjects to live because they wouldn't learn their lesson. She wasn't going to stop when John's planned out games were over with. 

So he made the decision to blackmail her. 

Hoffman knew he, if everything went as planned, would be the only Jigsaw team survivor, excluding Gordon. John was definitely going to die at any time. Amanda was hopefully going to be out of the picture...

He and Gordon got along somehow. They took turns taking care of Eric Matthews, who they had locked away. Mark hated that John had kept him in a dark room for 6 months with nothing. That in itself was a test of his sanity, but now he was about to be in another test with Mark, Rigg and Art. He wouldn't really mind if Eric lived, because of the kid and all, and the fact that he had no idea Mark was behind it, but Eric's life depended on Rigg. 

Right now, Mark was sitting in his office, mentally preparing for what was going to happen the following night. Abby and him were texting while he did some routine paperwork. 

Rigg suddenly burst in the door. 

"Mark! Someone just called about a possible Jigsaw victim in an abandoned mill! We gotta go now!" 

Mark blinked. "Another one? Shit." 

Kerry. 

He stood and quickly texted Abby. I have to go, I'll text asap. 

"Alright, let's go. Are your guys ready?" Mark asked, slipping his jacket on. 

"Yes, we're just waiting on you." 

Mark quickly took his gear and put it on as he hurried after Rigg. 

"Did they say anything else? Male? Female?" Mark asked as he straightened out his jacket. Rigg threw the doors open and bounded down the steps. 

"No. It was an anonymous call." 

Mark said nothing as he took his keys from his pocket. 

Rigg had been really bent out of shape. Eric missing, now Kerry... Mark kind of hoped he passed his test so Eric would live. Plus, he didn't mind Rigg. 

Rigg hurried to the SWAT van as Mark got in his car and slammed the door shut. He knew what they were going to find, and he knew it would upset Rigg, but it was just the beginning. Tomorrow night was going to be much, much worse for them. 

They all headed to the abandoned mill, pulling up cautiously. The SWAT team had brought along some small robots they would use to get a look inside before rushing in. Mark grabbed his walkie talkie and got out of his car quickly.