Chapter 13

As Aaliyah was preparing the snacks for the kids, her phone rang inside her denim jean pocket. She smiled as she saw her mother's name and contact picture:

"Hi, mommy. It's so good to hear from you."

Her mother smiled, "How's everything going for you baby girl?"

Aaliyah sighed, "Do you want me to be honest?"

She looked around before exhaling deeply. With her back turned, she didn't see Michael walk up a few seconds afterwards.

"I love the kids, ma. I have grown so attached to them and they love me, truly. It's just Lisa that I can not stand being around. She is SO insecure. She hates me so much to the point she purposely poisoned me with something and I'm going to find out, mama. Michael is just so blind to who Lisa really is. It's sad because he's a great man. Sometimes I just feel like this was a bad idea."

Her mother became angry on the other line as she spat loudly about Lisa into Aaliyah's ear.

"You're right; I know. I think some time away will be best for all of us. I'll see you soon, okay? Love you too," Aaliyah said then ended the call.

Michael approached slowly, "I'm blind huh?"

Aaliyah gasped as she turned around nervously to see Michael folding his arms.

"You were listening to my conversation Michael?"

"This is not about me eavesdropping, LiLi. You really think that of me? Why? Because I only wish to see the good in the woman I promised forever?"

"You know what, I'm done here, okay? I stick around when I know for sure in the pits of my heart that your wife is a heartless, cold, bitch! I do everything for her children and in return, she poisons me because she thinks I'm after her life! You are so blind to everything, Michael! YES! Lisa is cheating on you. It's a coincidence that she and that woman had on the same outfit huh? Ask her who put those bruises around her neck?! Will you wake up and stop pretending she's perfect?" Aaliyah shook her head and began to walk by Michael. He reached out and grabbed her hand.

She jerked away as they locked eyes, "I'll see myself out."

She walked away from Michael as he sighed, "LiLi!"

Aaliyah kept walking with tears welling in her eyes. "I'm done, Michael. You tell my babies how much I love them and I'd never leave without saying goodbye, but for now I can not be here."

She opened the door and was gone. As she headed towards her own car, she peered towards Lisa's car. Aaliyah looked around before she ran quickly to Lisa's car. She wiped her nose with the back of her arm before she pulled the handle and it opened. Aaliyah looked around once more then proceeded to raid Lisa's car. She snatched the glove compartment open and pulled the stack of papers out going through them in a hurry. Her heart stopped when she saw a prescription for Ipecac. Aaliyah pulled her phone out and googled the substance. She saw instantly it was a substance used to cause vomiting after ingesting something posionous. She decided to not put anything back as she wanted Lisa to know she was now caught. Aaliyah rushed to her car as she was ready to expose Lisa for who she really was.