Chapter 9

-Aaliyah-

3 days later, I wrapped my lips around the spoon and moaned faintly as the taste of soup bursted inside of my mouth.

Michael smiled, "How does it taste?"

"It's delicious, mm. What's in it?" I asked.

He took some more onto the spoon as he directed the spoon back to my lips, "It's a secret."

I laughed a little and held my hand to my head, "I feel a tad bit dizzy."

Michael placed the bowl down and stood up, "I'll get something that'll take that away in no time."

Lisa appeared against the door frame and shook her head, "How you feeling, Aaliyah?"

"Sick, but I take it you already knew that," I responded.

She came closer to my bed, "If you think this little sick act will allow you all of Michael's time and attention, then you're highly mistaken."

I frowned, "Excuse me? You can look at me and tell that this is no act! You are one fake bitch! You should know that I don't have to pretend to be sick to gain Michael's attention. I can get that without looking for it."

Lisa's face turned to the lightest shade of red as she lifted her hand, pausing when Michael entered inside.

"Lisa? What are you doing in here?" he asked.

Lisa whispered quickly to me, "If you say anything to him about this, I'll be sure to have you nauseated for another 3 days."

Michael walked closer as Lisa turned around and smiled, "I was just checking on Aaliyah, baby. You've been doing a perfect job of taking care of her."

I looked away in disgust as they shared a kiss.

"Mmm," Lisa smirked, "Is there more where that came from?"

Michael laughed quietly, blushing badly, "Not in front of Aaliyah, Lisa. Go wait for me in the bedroom. I'll be there soon."

Lisa looked at me with an expression that told me she felt as if she had won. She walked towards the door and blew me a kiss as Michael sat back down.

I folded my arms and shook my head, looking away.

"What's wrong, LiLi? Hm?" Michael asked.

I shrugged, "It's nothing."

Michael laughed, placing his hand to my thigh, "It's me, LiLi. I'm no one to lie to. What's bothering you?"

I looked towards the doorway as I sat up a bit more, "Lisa came in here and basically stated that I was pretending to be sick for your attention."

He frowned, "She didn't.."

I nodded, "She did. She even said if I opened my mouth about this to you, she'd be sure I was nauseated for another 3 days."

There was silence before I continued.

"Michael, I hate to think this, but I strongly believe Lisa had something to do with me feeling sick."

Michael stood up quickly and shook his head no, "No! No way! Lisa would never."

"Think about it. She never cooks, but the one day she does, I'm ill for 3 days. No one else! Only me!"

Michael stood in deep thought before shaking his head again, "LiLi, I can't allow myself to believe Lisa would be so cold hearted. That's my wife! I know her. She wouldn't."

My hands hit against the bed as tears slowly formed in my eyes, "You don't know her! You don't know how much of an evil bitch she really is!"

"STOP!" Michael shouted.