Chapter 10

It was a little past noon as Aaliyah laid Melanie down for her nap. She rubbed her hair gently and smiled after kissing her cheek gently.

She closed the door slightly and walked down the hall, stopping at Michael's and Lisa's bedroom.

Her fingers tapped against her lips as she looked around and debated on whether to go in and have a quick browse.

Michael was at the studio and Lisa was away with unknown whereabouts. Aaliyah decided to go in and look around. She closed the door and exhaled as she started over at the dresser. Her hands worked swiftly as she snooped through clothes and other items in the dresser. Nothing.

"That bitch is good," she whispered as she moved over to the night stand.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked behind her.

She turned around and felt frightened as she held her chest, gasping, "Michael!"

"Aaliyah, please tell me you weren't snooping around with hopes of finding dirt on Lisa."

Aaliyah sighed, "I'm sorry. I just knew I would find something."

"Well," Michael said as he stepped closer, "Did you?"

Aaliyah lowered her eyes as she mumbled out, "No.."

"See," Michael responded as he lifted Aaliyah's chin, "Your body must not have agreed to dinner. I told you Lisa wouldn't. How about we drop Melanie off and spend the evening together before the kids return?"

Aaliyah felt silly, but she accepted. Even though she hadn't found anything just yet, that wouldn't stop her from continuing another search.

Michael and Aaliyah decided to enjoy lunch at a small restaurant not from their home.

Aaliyah stabbed into her salad, "I know you must think I'm crazy."

Michael chewed his steak then laughed, "I don't think you're crazy, LiLi. Lisa does come off as insecure and crazy, but she's harmless. Believe me."

Aaliyah looked up and took another glance at the woman that sat a few tables away. The woman looked a lot like Lisa. Michael stared at Aaliyah as he could see something had caught her attention.

"LiLi, what's wrong?"

She shook her head and laughed quietly, "Nothing. It's nothing."

Michael nodded and continued on telling his story as Aaliyah looked over his shoulder once more.

The woman smiled at the man across from her then they proceeded to get up and leave. Aaliyah's eyes followed them to the exit when she confirmed the woman to be Lisa. She couldn't believe Lisa was possibly cheating on Michael.

As Lisa and the man walked out, Michael looked out the window and laughed.

"That woman is shaped up just like Lisa," he laughed again before sipping his drink.

Aaliyah nervously laughed while placing her fork down, "Yeah. Just like Lisa."

Later on, Michael and Aaliyah entered the house to find Lisa helping Jr with his homework.

"Hey, baby. You're helping out with math homework?" Michael kissed her cheek.

"Must be addition," Aaliyah mumbled in, catching Michael's and Lisa's attention.

"Did you say something?" Lisa asked.

Aaliyah smiled, "Nah. Carry on."

Michael shook his head and watched Lisa continue to help Jr. Aaliyah thought of earlier when she had seen Lisa out with another man.