Chapter 16

The ride back to the house was completely silent. Aaliyah kept glancing over at Michael who was devastated. Inside the house, Michael went straight to his bedroom and shut and locked the door behind himself. Aaliyah plopped down on the couch, sighing heavily. The sound of keys inserting into the lock made Aaliyah jump up from the couch. As Lisa came around the corner, Aaliyah charged at her. Lisa was completely blindsided and began yelling in confusion. She was not fighting back, obviously startled at the sudden hits being thrown at her.

Hearing the altercation, Michael quickly came down to see what was going on. He screamed, "LILI! LET GO!" He began trying to pry Aaliyah's hands off of Lisa's hair.

"You crazy bitch!" Lisa spat.

Aaliyah yanked at Lisa's hair harder, sending a pain through Lisa's neck. Michael finally succeeded in getting Aaliyah to let go of Lisa whose nose was starting to bleed from the previous punches.

"You are sick!" LiLi said with tears welling in her eyes. "I come in here and put your children, your husband, even YOU, before my damn self! And you go and do some fucked up shit like that, Lisa?"

Michael stepped to Aaliyah, "LiLi.. let's-"

"Let's what, Michael? You're gonna defend wifey again huh? Even after Stacey told us what this bitch did!"

"Stacey? You talked to Stacey?" Lisa asked.

"LiLi, just give us a second, okay? I'm not defending anything. I just wanna talk to my wife about this in private. Can you understand that for me?"

Aaliyah sniffled, wiping her nose with the back of her hand, "I'm leaving. You don't have to worry about me."

Michael attempted to reach for Aaliyah's hand and she quickly jerked away, slamming the door when she was outside.

Michael sighed and glared at Lisa. He watched as she caught blood dripping from her nose and suddenly felt rage.

"You're disgusting! You're evil! You think I wanna be with a woman that uses her friend's job ability to obtain meds with malicious intent, huh? We know what you did. I wanted to be proud of you. I wanted to give you the opportunity to be a woman and admit to me, your husband, what you had done. You couldn't do that, so it makes forgiving much more harder. If you're even sorry-"

"Mich-"

"No, Lisa. You can not Michael your way out of this. You can not cry your way out of this. Do you know the risks you took doing that? What if something seriously happened to LiLi because of you being insecure??"

"Okay! Fine! I just wanted you to love me again like you used to!" Lisa cried.

"What do you mean like I used to? Do you realize the only person that ever changed was you? Everything I do was and is still for you and our children. I bought LiLi to help out because you were not upholding your responsibility as a mother. I tried talking to you about this on many occasions and you blew me off like I wasn't being serious. I needed Aaliyah to help out so I could remain focus on what helps keep us stable!"

"You wanted another woman here to replace me. You think another woman can handle my house and my children better than I can! You wanted this, you didn't care how it made me feel. Your mind was already made up!" Lisa went.

Michael sighed, "I'm really sorry that you feel that way. It sucks that I drastically wanted better for our family and you took this as a joke. You poisoned a woman that came in here and treated us like family. You would've gotten a chance to see that her heart was in it for the sake of the kids. To you, she's just the Nanny, but those babies love her so much. She's definitely more than that to them.. and to me!"

Michael walked away before Lisa could speak. She began crying loudly as Michael headed up the stairs. She knew it was no coming back from her disgusting actions.