Chapter 14

Aaliyah had tears in her eyes as she pulled away quickly from the home. She ignored the incoming call coming from Michael. He had called a few times before she pulled up to her mother's house. When she went in, she instantly fell into her mother's arms..

"I told you. I knew it! I knew she had done something to me," Aaliyah said as they sat at the table, showing her mother what she had found.

"Wow. I am stunned that any human being could be so cold. After all you've done for her and her children!"

"I have to tell Michael. I have to show him who she really is before she hurts him and those babies."

The next day, Michael woke up and got the children together for school. He helped Little MJ with his backpack before they all headed for the door. Just as Aaliyah was about to knock, Michael opened the door.

"LiLi!" he smiled as he brought her into a hug.

They excitedly wrapped their arms around Aaliyah and she asked, "Ready for school?"

They said yes and she proceeded to see them off to the Escalade. She kissed them goodbye after wishing them well and waved as the truck pulled away from the home. She turned around to Michael who was still standing at the doorway.

"I think we should talk," Michael said.

Aaliyah stepped into the house, "We should. Is Lisa here?"

"No. She actually stepped out for the morning. Speaking of Lisa, she believes you're responsible for trashing her car last night."

"Well, I didn't trash it, exactly, but I am responsible." Aaliyah took a seat on the couch and Michael sat next to her.

"Okay. Do you mind telling me what that was all about?"

Aaliyah pulled the folded prescription paper from her pocket and handed it to Michael. He nervously opened it and looked at Aaliyah with confusion. Aaliyah pulled out her phone and showed him exactly what the prescription drug was used for.

"Wow.." his eyes bucked as he read.

"Do you believe me now? Do you see why I can not stick around here?" Aaliyah asked.

"I just can't believe Lisa would do something like this. Are you sure this even belongs to Lisa? The prescription is not even written out to her, LiLi."

"Omg Michael! You're really going to defend this bitch after I found this in HER car. Do you really believe she would have it written out to herself if her plan was to be malicious? What exactly does her friend Stacey do for a living, hm?"

"She-she's a pharmacist.."

Michael's heart raced inside his chest as he tried to make sense of this classless act done by the woman he loved so much. He couldn't stomach the fact of Lisa being just the opposite of who he had believed she was.

Later that night, Aaliyah had laid the kids down for bed after preparing dinner and bath time. She said her goodbyes to Michael and he locked up the house behind her. For majority of the day, he was silent. He barely ate dinner as he watched Lisa eat, waiting for the opportunity to confront her.

In their bedroom, Lisa prepared for bed. Michael stood there and said, "we need to talk."

"Yes. Why is the same woman who went in my car without my permission still allowed in this home?"

Michael laughed, "Sweetheart, we are way past that. LiLi admitted to going into your car. What I am surprised about is what she found." He said as he motioned his hand into his pocket, throwing the paper onto the bed.

"What's this?" Lisa asked while picking it up and slowly opening it.

"Lisa, whatever you did, I need you to look me in my eyes and tell me you did it. I need you to be completely honest and admit your wrong doing."

Lisa's heart rate increased as she looked at Michael, "This doesn't belong to me, honey. You have to believe me! This is Stacey's.."

"Save it. I know you had Stacey fill that prescription and the night you decide to cook, LiLi is the only one who ends up sick. Lisa, this is sick! This is low! Even for you!"

She stood to her feet, tears welling in her eyes, "I'm telling you, Michael! It's not mine! I would never have Stacey risk her job for me this way. Is that really what you think of me?"

Michael sighed and ran his hands through his hair, "I have no idea what to think of any of this. It just makes so much sense to me now. I think you are truly capable of being this cold hearted."

Lisa snatched up her jacket and threw on the closest pair of shoes she could find. Michael watched in confusion.

"I'm leaving, Michael. I don't have to stand here and listen to this! You know the kind of woman I am. I would never hurt someone else, purposely. Not even over you." She spat as she bumped his shoulder on her way out.