넷 (nes)

... 남준 ...

Namjoon checked his phone again to see if Ani had texted him. None of his messages were from her. He opened up their chat again and looked over his last message to her.

남준 😜: I hope to hear from you after work

He had said it intentionally. He was aware that it was different in the USA when it came to texting, but that's why he invited her to text him. He looked at the clock. School had definitely ended by now. He decided to hold off for a moment longer. 'She might need time to adjust.' He could tell from the way she refused to look at him for too long that this was difficult for her. Namjoon understood that he was good looking. He didn't act conceded about it. The brothers were all good looking even though they weren't all blood related. Some would say it was fate that the handsome men ended up in the same circle, but Namjoon was more logical than that. He also remembered his younger years. He shuddered remembering his bowl cut his mom would give him but not to his older brother. Seokjin was the eldest of the group. He'd always been handsome. The guys jokingly called him Mr. Worldwide Handsome. A moniker he wore like a badge of honor. Even though he was the eldest, he was the least serious of the group. Sometimes it came off as just being goofy, but Namjoon knew his brother didn't think life should be taken too seriously. His younger brother Kim Taehyung appeared more serious than both brothers, but was still a kid at heart. He was very innocent in many ways. He headed their agriculture division. Why did he choose that? Because he wanted to be a strawberry farmer or a saxophonist. He could play saxophone very well, but the music division was already full with three of their other friends. He wanted the company to be more diverse. So Taehyung chose to check up on strawberries. The music division was probably the largest part of the company. They had their own record label and studios. Min Yoongi headed the music division. He was probably the wisest in the group despite being the second oldest. Namjoon always took his advice and kept it with him. Jung Hoseok (also known as Hobi) worked with Yoongi in the music department. He worked closely with Park Jimin to find and train potential talent for the label. Jimin always complained about it, but everyone knew he loved having less to do with meetings and more to do with dancing. The youngest of the group was Jeon Jungkook. He was working in a newer division the group had decided to add on to the company. Originally, he had been working in the music division too. One day, he brought a presentation about entering the world of gaming. He convinced his hyungs easily. Namjoon chuckled to himself. 'If only I could convince everyone to go international as easily as JK convinced us to add gaming to the company.' Even though the Kim's were the only blood related, the rest still felt as close if not closer than family. Namjoon looked at his phone again. He scrolled through the chat rereading it once more. Ani didn't seem to know much about their business. Namjoon found himself comforted by that. If she knew about the company, she probably would swoon more. She would want to know more about him sooner. He'd have to question the integrity of her feelings. At some point, she would have to meet his brothers. That would not be easy for her. If she was only after his money, his hyungs would pick up on it immediately. If they reject her, he wouldn't be able to see her. Namjoon sighed and checked the clock one last time before getting back to work. He needed to finish his proposal before Seokjin realized he was still in the office.

.

.

.

Namjoon had successfully avoided his older brother which meant he was able to work with no interruptions. He sighed and turned his computer off for the night. He stood and stretched. He noticed most of the lights in the office were off when he peeked outside his door. Namjoon packed his things as he waited for his driver to pick him up. He looked at his phone again. He chuckled to himself when he saw no new messages from Ani.