여섯 (yeoseot)

... 남준 ...

Namjoon waited patiently in front of the restaurant for Ani. He checked his phone for any texts, but there were no new messages.

"Aish. I've been here for 10 minutes. Is she okay? I wonder why she made such a big deal about me not picking her up. She can't possibly think of me as that much of a stranger? Aigoo..." Namjoon whispered to himself. A bus pulled up down the street and Namjoon looked over at it. He watched as the passengers unloaded then smiled. Ani had finally arrived. She hopped off the bus and looked around. When she noticed Namjoon, he waved her over. She shuffled towards him.

"Mianhae..." Ani immediately apologized. Namjoon laughed.

"Well, hello to you too." He chuckled. He smiled more when he saw the momentary panic pass her soft features. He felt drawn to touching her face, but he stopped himself.

"Ack! Yes, hello! I'm sorry! First, I make you wait. Then I don't properly greet you. This is starting well." She dropped her head and her shoulders sagged. Namjoon carefully lifted her chin so that she could look at him. Her eyes were wide as they made eye contact. Namjoon wanted to kiss her to calm her down, but resisted the urge to rush the American girl.

"I'm happy you made it here safely. Let's go inside. Yeah?" Namjoon said. Ani gave a small nod and Namjoon released her chin. He opened the door for her. He watched her scuttle inside. "Have you ever been here before?"

"Aniyo." Ani said looking around at the restaurant. "I haven't really eaten out yet."

"That's fine. Now I know I can show you more places in the future." Namjoon beamed. He could've sworn he saw Ani blush as she fiddled with her hair and looked away from Namjoon.

"What exactly do they serve here?" Ani asked when she had recomposed herself.

"It's a Chimaek restaurant."

"Chimaek? I don't know that word..."

"That's because it's a combined word. Chi as in chicken and maek as in maekju..."

"As in beer?"

"Chicken and beer! Exactly! I figured if you hadn't been many places then we should start with a staple." Namjoon smiled at Ani again. He enjoyed watching her melt when he smiled at her. It made him feel warm inside. He stopped watching her when a staff member approached and bowed slightly.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Just two?" The sweaty staff member asked. They nodded and were led to a table in the far back of the restaurant. Namjoon pulled out Ani's seat for her like in the American shows he'd seen. She smiled and sat down. She looked away when he sat down and stared at her. The staff member hadn't walked away, so Namjoon decided to order for them.

"Is it okay if I order for the both of us?" Namjoon asked Ani. She glanced at the menu taped to the table. Her eyebrows rose and she blinked a few times.

"Yeah, go for it."

"Is spicy food okay?" Her demeanor changed slightly. She chuckled to herself.

"Yeah." Ani answered with a smirk without looking at him.

"Are you sure?"

"Namjoon-ssi, are you challenging me on our first date?" She still didn't look at him, but she was loosening up. Namjoon felt a determined smiled creep up on his own face.

"First to drink loses." Ani finally looked up at him. Her eyes was dancing with fire and joy.

"Gurae." They nodded at one another. Namjoon turned to the server and ordered their spiciest chicken, two beers, and some water. The staff member nodded and walked away. When Namjoon looked back at Ani, she was looking around the restaurant. He took the moment to watch her with no rush. She hadn't really dressed up to meet up with him, but she had clearly tried to find an in-between. She had on a gray cardigan left fully unbuttoned that showed off white blouse with that had an intricate pattern, black slacks, and white canvas sneakers. Her hair wasn't braided in crown around her head this time. This time her hair was down in small twists. Her hair fell around her face framing her face. A yellow headband topped her hairstyle. He felt a smile play on his lips.