여덟 (yeo-deol)

...ㅏ니 ...

When Ani woke up on Saturday, the sun shone brightly through her curtains. She smiled as she thought back to the night before. Ani bounced out of bed. She checked her phone and sure enough there was a message from Namjoon. Ani felt her heart bubble over.

남준 😜: Good morning, Ani ☺️ Jal Jasseo?

Ani: Good morning, Namjoon 😊 I slept well thank you... I hope you slept well too? What are your plans for today?

남준 😜: I'm going in to the office

Ani: On a Saturday?

남준 😜: Gurae. How are you spending your Saturday? No school today?

Ani: We have two Saturdays off per month. I'm going to use my free time to explore.

남준 😜: Is that so? I could come with you.

Ani: Please I don't want to be a bother. You already took me out last night.

남준 😜: It's not a problem

Ani: I know lol Please I'll be fine

남준 😜: Arasseo 

Ani: Use your time wisely at the office

남준 😜: Take many pictures while you explore. I want to see them all 😁

Ani: Lol okay

Ani sighed and got ready to go on her adventure. Ani found herself wandering around a large market. The vendors were selling anything and everything. The change of smells signaled a different section in the market. Ani found herself entranced by a crate overflowing with bright red strawberries. She couldn't help but make her way over to them. She reached out for one.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" A low baritone voice suddenly said. Ani jumped and turned in the direction of the voice. Her eyes widened. The owner of the voice was a tall man with shaggy black hair. The sunlight danced in his eyes as he looked at her. His face looked like it had  been shaped in marble before it was brought to life. His small smile was friendly and Ani felt the entire market fall away as she continued to stare in awe. 'What the hell is with all the gorgeous people just existing in this country??' The man chuckled when Ani still didn't speak. "Do you speak Korean?"

"Oh. Uhm. Yes, I'm sorry! Uh!" Ani panicked. "I do speak some Korean. Annyeonghaseyo..."

"Annyeonghasyo." The man smiled at Ani. "Do you like strawberries?"

"Yes... These are very beautiful... Did you grow them?"

"I didn't grow these personally, but I do have my own garden."

"A garden sounds lovely." Ani tried to maintain some eye contact with the handsome stranger. She ended up looking over the strawberries again.

"Would you like to try one?" He picked the biggest strawberry in the pile and rinsed it with a bottle of water.

"I don't think that's allowed. Where's the owner of this stand?"  Ani craned her neck to look for who was selling the the fruits. There was an older man holding a melon out to another patron. His apron suggested some evidence that the stand was being watched over by him.

"I'm the owner."

"Oh." 

"Please, try one. I insist." He offered her a strawberry again. She reached for it but he moved it slightly out of her grasp. His smile was playful and almost innocent. He guided the strawberry towards her lips, but paused before reaching her mouth. Ani tried to take it again, but he moved it away from her again. She suppressed a giggle and leaned forward. He guided the strawberry to her lips. It was as juicy as she had imagined. The sweet juice dribbled down her bottom lip after she took a bite. They both ended up in a fit of giggles as Ani scrambled to stop the red liquid from getting on her clothing.