XVI.

SOMEBODY'S GOTTA TALK. YOU'RE GIVING SECOND HAND EMBARRASMENT TO THE READERS!

Sophie fidled with the edge of her dress, she couldn't bring herself up to see Keefe's face.

He knew he already probably had seen the tears running down her face. His hand tightened around hers. The car screeched to a stop at the edge of the road. Then only Sophie looked at Keefe.

From the first moment she met him, Sophie knew that he was holding onto something. Something that ate him away bit by bit and she knew that if she didn't help him through it he would break.

"Hey..." Sophie leaned over and tried to meet his face. Keefe leaned back against the seat and sighed.

"I know they are going to be okay... It's just..." Keefe dragged his other hand through his face. "They've been there for me when I needed them. They've taken me in and now I left them... When they needed me." He finally looked at her, his blue eyes rimmed with tears that Sophie could tell he was holding back. "When I saw you hurt there, I couldn't stay still. I had to do something, to... Stop making you cry."

The words only brought more tears to her but she held them back. No one had ever said something so touching to her, she didn't think anyone cared enough. She was used to being in the shadows. To go unnoticed. It was where she preferred to be. But with Keefe... Her soulmate. The odds that she would meet him in a sea of people. That they would meet was something extraordinary to her. That someone like her could be a Soulmate to this wonderful, talented person.

Sophie took a deep breath in, "We all need a cool off after that. And Fitz is going to be okay, so is Biana. They are strong and we'll keep coming back to make sure they are through it." She leaned in closer so he could hear the next words properly. "He didn't mean what he said Keefe. It's Fitz. Of course he didn't mean it."

She was just about to back off when Keefe leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Sophie looked at him and probably turned red than the car. She opened her mouth to say something but she didn't know words.

"I don't what I did to deserve a person like you. But I would never stop being grateful for it." He looked back to be road, and smirked. "Now about that cool off."

Know I haven't been posting in a while but HERE HAVE SOME SOKEEFE FLUFF TO MAKE YOUR DAY! And I posted a short Dexiana fanfic in my other book and if you ship it go check it out :) hope you have a nice day! I love you guys!