If They Died in Doomsday

"You saw me just as The Blade! That's all I was to you! The Blade! A weapon! Well guess what!" Technoblade loaded his rocket launcher again and aimed it at Tommy. Tubbo looked between them and quickly ran to his best friend. "I'm choosing what I fight for now. And I am going to destroy the government!"

The rocket launched through the air. Tubbo jumped in front of Tommy. The explosion covered them as Tommy's arms wrapped around him and the compass around Tubbo's neck flew through the air. 'Your Tubbo'. He found it earlier after Tommy recovered his stuff and accidentally put it in the chest.

Explosions continued going off while everyone continued fighting, expecting the two to respawn and come back to the fight immediately. Callahan watched from afar as the two fell backwards. Tubbo's chest bled, old scars reopening, his eyes becoming hazy. Tommy had his arms wrapped around him where they had been hit, the rocket getting to both of them. His arms were bleeding and everything felt like he had taken a bath in the lava of the nether.

Slowly the man in the Rudolph onesie and blue mask walked through the warzone, no armour. He climbed up the wreckage and to the two teenagers. Sapnap was the first to stop when noticing him. Then slowly everyone else. Philza looked around confused as to why most people had stopped fighting before his eyes settled on his two sons.

Tears fell down his face as he saw Callahan trying to help the dying boys. He glided down to them and picked up Tommy's head.

"Tommy? Tommy. Hey, look at me. Focus. Hey. No no no. Please...no. They told me you guys wouldn't die. No. No! He said you'd be fine! No! This can't be happening! Just respawn son! Please..." The sixteen year olds eyes became hazy as he slowly lost focus. He looked down at his best friend who was only looking back at him, both forgetting everything else. They wanted nothing more than the other to make it out alive but knew that wasn't going to happen.

Technoblade lowered the weapon and looked up at the shouting. He signalled Dream to hold off the TNT while he went to check it out. Some people quickly jumped down from platforms and ran to stop him. He only pushed them out of the way and climbed up to the shouting.

"Phil?"

"You idiot." The father figure mumbled.

"What was that?"

"You idiot! Techno! You said they wouldn't canonically die! You said they wouldn't lose their last life today!" The piglin looked down at the boys dying in each other's arms. It would've been cute, if they weren't dying, and if it weren't because of him. He already took one of their lives. And it was probably one of the worst feelings ever.

Dread overtook him. He couldn't take his eyes away from his dying brothers. Then, a sense of anger. Angry at everyone around, angry at the voices, angry at the government, angry at himself. But mostly angry at the person who told him they'd be fine.

He marched away pushing down anyone that got between him and getting up to the masked man he called a friend only hours before. He stacked up to the obsidian grid where the homeless teletubby had returned to adding more TNT. He pulled out a sword and put it up to Dream's neck.

"Give me one fucking reason I shouldn't kill you."

"What? We're on the same side here! What are you doing?"

"You said they'd be fine. We had a deal." He pointed down at where people were gathering around the crying father and the boys. Dream smiled under the mask but that was quickly wiped away when he saw the pigs face.

"I don't remember saying they'd make it out alive." Techno put pressure on the sword against Dream's neck making blood slowly drip. "Wait! No! I umm- shit. Why do you care? You hate them just as much as me!"

"They're my fucking family!" Dream's eyes widened. This was new information. "Just because I hate the government doesn't mean I wanted to kill my brother!"

[Dream was slain by Technoblade]

People gathered around the boys. They looked up after seeing the message appear. Tommy smiled at Tubbo. "You're so clingy even when we're dying."

"Are we going to see Wilbur now?" Phil shook his head while the boys mumbled to each other, coughing blood between every few words.

"No, you guys will be fine. Just stay awake so Techno can heal you. Please."

"Yeah. I think so. Hey Tubbo."

"Yes Tommy?"

"I love you Tubbo."

"I love you too Tommy."

The blonds eyes slowly closed. Then the brunet. Philza let out a pained sob. The people around slowly backed away before completely disappearing. The fathers wings wrapped protectively around them as he screamed curses at everything.

[Tommyinnit died]
[Tubbo_ died]

Techno's breath hitched as the message appeared on screen. He stood in place as the voices screamed with mixed emotions. Finally he was able to move again, and he ran. He ran away.

~~two hours later~~

Someone walked through the crater making their way, trying to gather what they could with almost everything destroyed. Then another. The two grabbed any items they found before one stumbled across a small golden circle.

They picked it up. Engraved in it was the writing 'Your Tubbo'. The compass needle pointed towards the middle. So they followed it, hoping it was just broken. Surely they'd be gone by now. Someone must've taken they're bodies away. It's been hours.

They climbed up to a small grassy platform. Flowers bloomed all over it with bees going from one to another. The pillars around it were made of quartz with a beautiful ceiling. In the center were to graves. One had the discs laid neatly in front of it with a red bandana strewn across it. The other had a bee plush and green bandana.

The one with the bee plush had a compass. It had clearly been destroyed long ago and frantically put back together. It pointed towards the compass in the person's hand. He placed it down on the other grave and backed away.

The king took a picture of the site and carefully walked away. The picture found its place in the museum on the back wall along with pictures of the two boys when they were alive. When they first joined the server, the L'manberg war, President Tubbo and Vice-President Tommyinnit, and random pictures she had managed to get from other people. They were proud of the collage and carefully painted on a sign.

Tommy & Tubbo
It was always meant to be