Chapter Two

A few days later...

I had just about un-packed my books and art supplies. Dad had put up a few shelves for me. It was my escape. "You better not put much more on them". I turned looking at Sammi rolling my eyes. "I'm going into town, you wanna come?" "Make up?" She shook her head. "Clothes?" I hate shopping with Sammi. "No, jeez. I do have other interests. Now are you coming or not?" "Fine" I pulled my sneakers on and followed her out shouting bye to Mum and Dad. We pulled up on the high street and got out and wandered around. "What are you looking for?" "I seen online about this health shop". Twenty minutes later Sammi had finally finished picking up different seeds and health products. "Why do you even bother? Your like a size 0" I couldn't help but be a bit jealous of her figure. She ignored me. Sammi had always been the girly girl. Tiny stomach, blonde long hair after Mum, perfect matching outfits. As we left the store I caught a glimpse of my reflection. Sneakers, jeans, baseball shirt. Long brown hair draping down my back with no make up. "Eleyna, Mum's just texted saying to bring in pizza or chinese for dinner". "Pizza" I did not hesitate. I loved food, she rolled her eyes at me. Sammi would maybe have one slice and make a salad. I couldn't wait now hearing my stomach rumble. We found a pizza takeaway and ordered. "Twenty minutes" the girl from behind the counter. "Can we get a DVD?" I asked nodding my head noticing the blockbuster across the street. We paid for the pizza and headed over. Sammi disappeared in the romance section wheras I went straight for fantasy. We both met at the counter picking something each. We both disagreed with each others choices. She thinks I'm immature for still loving magic and vampires and stuff. I didn't care. I was 16, she was 20 and thought she was oh so mature. The cashier slid the DVD's over to us as we gave her the cash. We started to make our way to the door but before we got there a huge shattering noise came from behind us. We jumped, turning to look to see what had just happened. The window at the the till point had been smashed in. The cashier was gone. I grabbed on to Sammi's wrist and didn't let go.