Chapter Four

"Are you sure you want to go to school today? They'll understand if you want another day after what happened" Dad awkwardly lingered in the doorway. I put my necklace on and smiled gently in the mirror meeting his eyes. "No I'll be fine Dad. Can't put it off forever".

...

"Everyone this is Eleyna Blakemore. Make her feel welcome. There's a seat over there for you dear". The teacher smiled pointing to the corner. I sat down at the group table and smiled awkwardly. Deep breath Eleyna. I've done this before. Nothing new. "Hi, I'm Allison, this is my boyfriend Scott and this is Stiles". "Hi" I relaxed into my smile. I spent most of the day with them. One of them was in all my classes and they invited me to lunch with them. This is a first. Can't wait to tell Sammi. Although it was like I was the shiny new toy. They al had questions. When I learned of Stiles surname I asked if he was related to the Sheriff. Turns out it is his Dad. He and Scott got very interested once I told them about the incident at the store. "What did you see?" I shook my head. "Nothing really, it happened so fast". School eventually finished and I got a text off of Sammi. *Away to gym, Mum + Dad at work. Dinner at 7* I put my phone away and walked home.

I dumped my stuff on the dining table and headed to my room. I noticed immediately how cold it was. The window was wide open with the curtains blowing in the wind. I pulled the window down and grabbed my sweatshirt off the chair, As I pulled it over my head *THUD* I jumped looking up as the bedroom door slammed shut. My eyes widened. I stepped back opening my mouth to scream but he moved so quickly covering my mouth with his hand and pulling me out of sight of the window and pushing me up against the wall. I felt my body tense up in fear. "I'm not going to hurt you. I'll remove my hand if you promise not to scream" I nodded my head gently. He carefully let me go hesitantly stepping back. I glanced to the door. I could make that. I'll push him and run. "I wouldn't try that. I'm quicker than you Eleyna". He said breaking the silence. I put my focus back on him. I opened my mouth gently and felt my eyebrows tense. "How do you know my name?" It was only then I started to really look at him. Pale skin, dark hair, clean shaven, dark blue jeans, black tshirt and a leather jacket. Hot... Shit... No. He broke into my house. Stop it! A small smirk appeared on his face for a brief moment which freaked me out. "How's the head?" I felt confused. "What?" "Your head. After the bump?"I moved my hand up to touch it where it had left a small mark. "How do you know? Who are you? What do you want?" "What did you see? In the store". I lowered my hand and looked away from his gaze. "Eleyna. What did you see?" He took a step closer. I kept my eyes on the floor looking at my feet. My breathing became more intense. Suddenly his shoes were opposite my feet. I felt startled when I felt his hand under my chin gently raise my head to meet his eyes again. "Calm down. I'm not going to hurt you. Just tell me what you seen and I'll be gone". My eyes darted from side to side. "I didn't...I..Nothing...I" His facial expression remained the same. Stern and serious. "You're lying. What did you see? A mountain lion?" I felt his tone change to a hint of sarcasm. Both of his hands grabbed me gently by the shoulders pushing me against the wall again. "I don't know, big, black, like a dog". H let me go and sighed. I relaxed as he stepped back. I watched as he headed for the window. I moved and sat on the edge of my bed looking down. I heard him slide the window frame up. "It's eyes" I muttered slowly looking up at him. He stepped closer to me. Defening silence. "I'll never foget those eyes. So red. Piercing through me". I stood up and bravely took a step towards him. "Are you going to say anything?" I think a ful minute passed before he spoke. "Just be careful". I frowned. "That's it? That's all I get" I was not happy with that response. "Who are you? Why are you interested? What was it? How did you know-" "My names Derek. Now just forget all about me Eleyna". He barely finished his sentence before he jumped out the window. I ran over looking. My eyes scanning for him. Nothing. I closed the window and locked it. I turned and leaned my back on the window sil- taking a deep breath. Did that really just happen?