Chapter Six

The next morning I grabbed my art bag carefully filling it with my book and pencils. I peered in Sammi's room and it was empty. I headed downstairs slinging my bag over the bannister. Dad pottered in the kitchen making his usual Saturday morning breakfast. I licked my lips as I could smell the bacon and sausage. I crept over to Sammi who was sitted cross legged on the couch with a big bowl of cereal. I ducked down and knelt beside her giving Mum a quick glance. "Sammi? I need a favour" I nudged her as she seemed to be in a trance with Saturday morning tele. "Please. It's important". "What do you want?" She spat out eventually. I whispered in her ear and immedietly seen the smile appear on her face. She nearly choked on her cereal, she placed the bowl on the coffee table and got up pulling me along with her as she dragged me to her room. I sat on the bed as she grabbed her make up bag and sat in front of me. "What's brought this on?" "Don't look so pleased with yourself" I said back. "And don't get too crazy or heavy with the make up" I can't believe I was letting her do this to me. Sammi had stopped trying to get me to wear make up about a year ago. "Okay, who's it for then?" I could feel myself blushing. "No one". She raised her eyebrows at me. "Come on, you haven't once ever asked me to do your make up. It's gotta be for a boy". I looked down. "I don't think he'll even notice. I'm way out of his league". "Oh trust me Eleyna, he'll notice". Fifteen minutes later and I was looking in the mirror. I looked so different. "Thanks" I headed to the door. "Wait. You can borrow this". I turned then smiled as Sammi held out her favourite necklace. Dream Catcher. "It's always brought me luck" She said as I stood in front of her as she placed it around my neck. I smiled as it did complete the look. I had settled for skinny jeans and a vest top with shirt look and cute boots to match. "Now go on. Go get him". I smiled eager to get there.

As I reached the bottom of the woods I looked up. I wonder if he'll be here. I started to walk up. The tree's whistled in the wind with the occasional rusty red leave falling down. I felt like a child on Christmas Eve. But this was better. The sight of the house started to appear in the distance. I found an empty clearing of trees with a hue boulder perched in the middle. Perfect. I scrambled up it and sat about 5 or 6 feet off the ground. I grabbed my pencils and pad out and started drawing his house. Something made me feel attached to him. The house. Everything. The sun started shining through and it gave the house an amazing look. I would have loved to have seen it back in it's day before the fire. After finishing the drawing I started to pack my stuff up, disappointed I hadn't seen him. I threw my bag down to the ground. I looked round looking for the best side to get down. As I turned back round I was shocked. He stood there in silence. He bent down grabbing my pad as it had fell out of my bag slightly. He flicked through. Emotionless. "Quite the artist". "Thanks" I smiled gently at him. "But I thought I-" "I know you told me never to come back, but I wanted too". He sighed placing my book back in my bag. "You don't take no for an answer do you?" As I looked down at him it was the first I realised he was smiling at me. I smirked shaking my head. "You gonna stay there or you coming down?" "I'm coming down, I just...er-" He chuckled and raised his arms. I shuffled accross cautiously. He motioned me to come down. "I'm not gonna drop you" I slid down and he grabbed me tightly causing me to take a sharp in-take of breath. When I looked back up we were standing so close, his hands still on my waist. This could have been a perfect moment.... He laughed. "Was that your stomach?" He let me go taking a step back. I giggled too. "I should go, I haven't eaten all day" I grabbed my bag and looked back to him. His eyes were the most amazing shade of green. I headed in the opposite direction from the house. "Eleyna?" I stopped smiling but didn't dare show him that. "You don't need to cover yourself in make up". I felt butterflies in my stomach. He noticed. But prefers me natural. Hmm?