Chapter Three

Everything was silent apart from my breathing. I froze in shock, terror more like. I felt like my was going to pound out of my chest. "What was that?" Sammi hissed. I looked at her and back to the till. "I didn't hear any-" I heard a growl that time. Before we had the chance to do anything it growled again, but louder. We stepped back and I tripped falling to the ground. I could see glowing eyes starting at me. "Sammi run!" I started wriggling backwards on the floor as Sammi dived sideways. It started coming closer. I'd never seen anything quite like it. It was so big, like a dog but much much bigger. All black. It picked up pace coming towards me. I scrambled as quickly as I could panicking. Glowing red eyes coming closer and closer. Before I had the chance to do anything something threw me. I banged my head off of the shelving unit. I sat up right hearing more growling. I got on to all fours hearing heavy thuds and bangs. One of the shelving units fell. The noise of cascading DVD's fell off of the shelves. I gripped the unit and peered round just enough to look down the store front. I felt a hand on my shoulder pulling me backwards. I jumped with terror turning round. "Come on Eleyna, lets get out of here" Sammi whispered helping me up as we ran to the door.

I had never been so pleased to see a cop car out front. Sammi ran to the officer and did all the talking. I couldn't get those eyes out of my head. "Eleyna....Eleyna.." I blinked suddenly turning hearing my name and feeling my body shake. "Your bleeding. Come here, sit down" The officer lead me to his vehicle and I sat on the passenger seat with my feet still on the ground. "I'm just going to clean this blood off your head" he said grabbing the first aid kit. I nodded. "This may sting a little". I flinched a little as I could feel the alcohol in the wipes touching my skin. "I'm Sherrif Stilinskie. I don't recognize the pair of you" He stood back up, I gently touched my forehead. "Ouch" I muttered. "We only moved here a few days ago" The officer nodded to Sammi and then called Mum and Dad. He drove us home. We all sat in the living room as he asked us questions. "I didn't see anything. I was hiding behind a bokcase off to the side. Eleyna fell backwards and told me to run". All eyes fell on me. "Elenya what exactly did you see?" The sherrif waited eagerly with his notepad and pen ready to take notes. "I...uh, I don't-" I could still feel my body shake. "Eleyna please, I know it was scary but what made you say to Sammi to run? And how did you hit your head if you fell backwards?"His voice was so calming. "It was like a..a big dog. I don't know- I hit my head off a shelving unit. I was so scared. But I..I don't know" Mum moved over wrapping one arm round me and the other hand resting on top of mine trying to stop me from shaking. "Can I go to bed now?".