Chapter 1

(quick note! in my story they eat breakfast at 9:00 AM and eat dinner at 6:00 PM! :) )

                              9:01 AM

                         Norman's POV:

I wake up, sit up a little and rub my eyes. I could feel the warmth of the bright sun on my face. I heard Emma's footsteps from the other room coming to my room where the other orphans were in.

"Goooood Morning Norman!!!" She said as she leaped happily onto my bed which I was in.

I laughed a little and smiled at her "Good morning to you too, Emma. I bet you're waking the rest of them?"

"Actually...No. They're all downstairs. You're the only one that hasn't awaken!" She giggles

First I thought she was joking but then I realized she wasn't because when I turned my head, all the beds were empty.

"Oh gosh! I must've overslept! Wait! Where's Ray?" I ask

"He's helping make breakfast!" Emma says smiling and leaves

I stretch a little and get off my bed, make it and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. As I was brushing I could smell the aroma of pastries and eggs. Ray....the name Ray was what I could hear my head speak. His cooking was the best. Mom's cooking was good to but Ray's was the bomb!

I finish brushing my teeth and head downstairs. I hear the laugh and giggles of the children. Don and Gilda were both setting down the plates.

"Morning Norman! You're kinda late. Usually you're the first one who comes and sets the plates and silverware" Says Don

"That is true. Is everything alright?" Gilda asks as she sets the last fork

"Oh Sorry about that and yeah I'm ok! I just overslept that's all." I say rubbing the back of my head smiling

I help putting the napkins down and whiles I set them down I hear a door open. It was Ray! He was holding 2 aluminum trays. He was coming from the kitchen.

"Good morning, Norman." He says with his usual look

I blush a little "Good morning to you too Ray!"

Sometimes I think to myself...I dont understand why whenever I see Ray, talk to Ray or even think about Ray I blush.

"Norman!!" I hear Emma's voice as she surprisingly jumps on me and almost scares the crap out of me. I like it when she does that but not out of the sudden

"...Ahh yes Emma?" I ask trying not to get scared

"Well I called you about 3 times. I think you were spaced out. This side of the table needs more napkins." Said Emma

"Oh...I'm sorry. I'll get to that right away." I felt bad that she had to call me 3 times. I have to stop thinking about Ray but sometimes I just cant!

Mom comes downstairs with a smile on her face. The little children all squeal and run to her like shes a magnet and they're the iron fillings. Mom was special though and she loved all the children. Her voice was peaceful and we all liked that and she was also understanding when it came to things.

"Good morning to you all!" Isabella says smiling

The little children say good morning and head to the table

"Everyone, today Ray will be doing meals. He has prepared us breakfast and we are thankful for that. Everyone what do we all say?" Isabella asks

"Thank you Ray!!!" The children say running to him.

Ray smiles a bit and offers the thank you.

We all sit down. I try to look for a seat to sit next to Ray but someone is already sitting in it. I look around and find an empty sit right bedside Emma. I sit in it and she smiles at me like I'm the best thing she's ever seen.

"We thank you for the meal" Isabella says as she cups her hands and closes her eyes

"Thank you for the meal!" We all say

Whiles we eat Yvette asks something at the table

"Mmm Ray this is delicious! What will we be having for dinner?" She asks smiling big with pastry glaze on her mouth.

"Hmm let's see. I was thinking Chili. And for dessert we'll be having ice cream and I prepare to make" Ray says taking a sip of his water.

The moment he said "ice cream" the whole orphanage screamed for joy. I smirked. Just imaging how Ray's homemade chili and ice cream made me drool and my heart beat for excitement.

"How about spaghetti" Don asks

"No no! We should have pizza instead!" Says Nat

"I preferably prefer us to have a fresh garden salad! Vegetables are healthy!" Says Anna

"Enough!!! We're gonna be havin' chili and ice cream! If you dont like it than ya dont have to eat it!" Ray shouts.

The whole room went silent. The 3 that argued shut their mouths and crossed their arms. My face started to heat up again. The way he told everyone to shush and stop arguing...I wanted him to say it again but he didn't.

The whole time everyone was talking. I was silent but I still couldn't get Ray off my mind.

Did I have a crush on him? Did I have a thing for boys?

To be continued