Chapter 6

3rd person POV

Ray and Norman told Isabella about the blackberries they picked and she was absolutely impressed! She made her famous homemade BlackBerry Cobbler that all the kids enjoyed! Isabella decided to keep the rest if the blackberries in the fridge for next time and they will for sure have enough cobbler for the rest of the year!

Norman finally accepted the challenge with Don for a game of chess. The game lasted for 52 minutes. Don was being slow because he wanted to make sure he wins the challenge.

But Don ended up losing which wasn't a surprise to Norman. The children screamed for joy when Norman won the game of chess.

"How do you know these things that well?!" Don said huffing

"Well as you can see....Ive played chess for about 2 years so I am a pro" Norman says folding his arms and smiling

"Hmph! Next time for sure I'll win!" Don says confidently and walks away. Gilda follows him.

Norman just shook his head and the children all gathered around him because the fact he beat Don was like a record to them. Norman felt proud.

Emma and Ray went to Norman to go and congratulate him.

"You did so well Norman!" Emma says smiling big

"Y-yeah...! You rock Norman " Ray says trying to hide his blush.

Emma looks and turns to Ray which is blushing when congratulating Norman. 

"Hmm??? How come you're blushing Ray?" Emma asks

Ray completely stops blushing and turns to Emma "W-what?! Now why would I be blushing? Did you see me blush?!"

"..Uhhh kinda." Emma says shrugging

"....W-well I wasn't...! So what you're saying is false!" Ray says folding his  arms.

"Oh well! If you say so Ray~" Emma says skipping down to the next room

When Emma left Norman started to chuckle

"H-hey! What's so funny ?!" Ray asks

"Hehe ohh nothing. It's just your facial expression " Norman says still beginning to smile

"F-facial expression?" Ray asks

"Yeah. When you get all embarrassed your cheeks start to turn red. It's so cute!" Norman says starting to grin

Ray frowns, blushes a little again and rubs the back of his neck "Ugh...You're too much!"

"Hehe I know~" Norman says coming close to Ray and then notices that they're were everyone will see them and the steps away.

9:31 PM

Ray's POV

I sleep in my bed and think about mom. She always told me that I should tell her everything about me because shes very understanding. I want to tell her about me and Norman but I'm scared too.

Because with mom....Shes actually my real mom. My biological mother. She was pregnant with me for 9 months. I wasn't able to know who my father was so for me it will be hard to come out to her of my feelings but I'm scared of what shes going to think of me.

What if she kicked me out of the orphanage? What if she starts screaming and shouting? What if she tells EVERYONE?!

I was scared of what will happen. I didnt want any of this things to happen! No no no no No!

I heard mom's footsteps in the hall. She was wishing the children a pleasant night full of dreams and my room with the children  was next after Emma's.