Chapter 24: Her Truths

This was her moment of truth. She was standing inside his room all by herself. He was downstairs fixing a snack unaware that leaving her alone in his room meant he unconsciously gave her permission to investigate his room. Ella grinned evilly and surveyed Chun's room. What a neat freak! He was the complete opposite of her! She opened his closet and gasped out loud. Lucky bastard! A custom made walk in closet!"Wow!" Each section of the closet has a collection of different color shirts, pants, shoes, jewelries...underwear, socks, sunglasses...condoms? Ella shuddered and pretended she did not see the colorful stack of condoms sticking out of one of the draws.

She closed the closet and walked around his room, there was a king size bed against the window, the room was coordinated perfectly in black and gray. Gray bed covers, black bed board, black computer on top of a gray desk. Black pens...inside a gray holder, a black scissor, black garbage can and inside was a gray garbage bag.

What the hell? It was a wonder his clothes weren't all black and gray...wait...there was a section of clothes and pants that were in black and gray only. Frowning Ella wondered if black and gray were Chun's favorite colors. Such depressing colors for a guy who was always smiling and teasing her...what if he was hiding his real self from her? What if black and gray were Chun's true colors! Ella giggled at her own joke and put her hand on her chin pondering. 'Must investigate more, something smells fishy here' she thought to herself.

She spins slowly around the room looking for anything that seems to be out of the ordinary, she kept spinning and spinning until her eyes landed on something black on the gray desk.

Ella saw a small black address book on top of the gray desk. She tapped her fingers a few times debating whether or not to sneak a peek. After a while she finally opened the black book and flipped through the pages, everything seems to be normal until she saw her name. 

Her name and her phone number with a plus sign next to it. She flipped through a few more pages and saw her name on one of the months and the number three next to it with a smiley face, she flipped the pages until she landed on today's date and her name and again the number three was next to it. Chun had written her name down every three months on his calendar with a smiley face next to it. However, there was no smiley face next to her name on today's calendar.

What does that mean? Three months, three months, three months, three months....twelve months...they were together for one year already! Ahhhh! Suddenly Ella remembered the conversation she overheard in the bathroom when she went out with Chun and his friends.

The girls said Chun usually breaks up with a girl after three months of dating; there were speculations as to why he hasn't broken up with her. Breaking up after three months...no smiley face next to her name this time...and everything in his room was black and gray...does it mean he wanted to get rid of her instead of breaking up? It must be...because he wasted so much time on her! Oh my god! He's planning to murder me? Condoms in his room, first time visiting his house, his parents gone for a long vacation...no smiley face next to her name...oh no! 

He's going to rape me, cut me up with the black scissor, rolls me up in black and gray blanket and buried me...with no smiley face next to my name!!!! Ella silently screamed in fear, her hands up in the air glancing back and forth between the door and the window debating whether she should leap out the window and let fate decide the outcome of life or death and or stay in the room and wait to be murder by Chun.

The door knob was turning, Ella started sweating, her breathing became faint, she couldn't breathe and couldn't move, she was numb with fear. She hastily threw the black book on the desk. The door opened and in walks Chun holding a tray with sandwiches. He was smiling at her, such innocent sweet smile...a façade to lure faint hearted girls like her. He was a devil in disguise, and she...fell for him. It was so unfair that she never got to put her plan into action...instead of him dumping her; he was going to kill her. Why was life so cruel to her? Chun placed the tray on the table and pulled out a chair for her. 

"Come eat, I made this especially for you." Chun winked at her and waited. Ella knew it was her last meal, at least he was kind enough to feed her a last meal...but wouldn't it have been better if he had asked her what she likes to eat? It was after all going to be the last time she'll ever eat again.

Slowly she dragged over to the chair and sat down.

"Eat." He ordered with a grin. Why must he look so hot? He must have had a lot of practice...why else would he only date girls for three months then dumped them? All the girls that went past the three months mark must have been murdered by him already. Ella nodded and picked up a sandwich. Chun was waiting for her to bite into the sandwich. Was it poisoned? Maybe it was better to be murder by poison then rape right? She saw Chun picked up the address book and placed it back in its original spot. 

Not only is he a murderer, he's also OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). Which meant he is probably going to at least be clean and neat with the murder?

"Why aren't you eating?" He asked. So calm and collected....the calm before the storm.

Ella shook her head unable to utter a word. Ella, fight for your life! You're too young to die! Aja! Chun took the sandwich out of her hands and picked her up.

"Let's cuddle."

He murmured in her ears and landed on the bed with his arms tightly around her. I don't want to cuddle! She wanted to scream out but couldn't. I don't want to die silently, please let me die nosily, loudly, so that some kind soul could hear my last words before I leave this world!

"Ella, you're shivering...are you okay?" He asked and kissed her. Ah...so I was right, he's going to rape me, then he'll cut me up into pieces and rolled me up in his black and gray blanket. Ella shook her head violently, she cannot and will not die this way! With all her might she pushed Chun off her and jumped off the bed.

"HEY! I AM NOT GOING TO DIE WITHOUT AN SMILEY FACE NEXT TO MY NAME!" Ella screamed, confused by the words that came out of her mouth. That was NOT what she wanted to say!

"Huh?" Chun asked confused.

"You freak! I am going to report you to the police! How many girls did you murder huh? How many? Don't even think about lying...I read your little black book!" Ella pointed accusingly at Chun. She glanced at the door before turning back to Chun. Wow, what a good actor! He really looks like he's confused. Ella made tsking sound at him, shaking her head.

"Huh?" Chun said again, scratching his head.

After confirming the door was unlocked, Ella shouted,

"Take this!"

Without warning, she kicked Chun between his legs and ran out the door. She practically jumped down the stairs and came to a skid when the front door open and in walks his parents...and her mom.

"HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSAY!" They shouted with balloons in their hands, flowers and cake.

"Huh?"

Ella blinked a few times wondering if it was her imagination. No matter how many times she blinked, they were still standing at the door with big grins and smiles on their faces. Ella covered her face in shame...what have she done?! She could hear Chun groaning upstairs in pain....yeah she wanted to groan in pain too.