𝟎𝟗 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐏𝐋𝐄

━━━━

━━━━

Word Count:  2016

"Those passionate
brown eyes that match
the autumn leaves on
the ground, I could
get lost in them
for a while."

━━━━

   "GIRLFRIEND?" YOU HICCUPED, WIDENING your eyes in disbelief. The color red quickly cascading over your cheeks.

It was a line you had only read in those cheesy romance novels you had read during your free time. You weren't the biggest fan of romance novels, in fact you didn't find them as appealing as any other book genre. Mostly because you wanted to know how it felt to be in the main characters shoes themselves.

Jean's lips curled into a small smile. He nodded before repeating the question, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

You dropped your gaze to your lap, playing with the hem of your shirt. "Girlfriend... does that mean we'd be going on dates together? Those romantic ones in those books I've read.." The last part you mumbled out of embarrassment.

"That's what couples do right?" He chuckled softly, propping his elbow up on the table to rest the side of his face on the palm of his hand. "You're the first girl that's asked me something like that. Usually all the girls would know already but the fact that you needed to ask.. I find it adorable."

The tint on your cheeks only grew darker at his compliment. You crossed your arms over your chest, heaving a shaky sigh. "Shut up. I just felt the need to confirm that."

"So?" He leaned his body forward slightly locking his eyes onto yours.

"If you want me to be your girlfriend that badly, then sure." You puffed your cheeks out. You still didn't know how to react after being asked such a question. As a girl who has never been in a proper relationship it sure did feel odd to hear it for the first time.

"Is my personality rubbing off on you?" He arched his eyebrow with an amused expression growing on his face. "If you'd like to hear the truth then here it is. Yes Y/N L/N, I've been wanting to make you mine ever since the day we met."

An expression of disbelief sat on your face, an unconvinced laugh traveled up your throat. "Is that how you usually show affection to those you like? By acting like a nuisance?"

"A nuisance?" He placed his hand over the right side of his chest, feeling slightly insulted by your remarks. "Don't lie princess you liked it. I always caught a glimpse of you smiling whenever I said something stupid."