chapter 9

Chapter 9

                Soon enough, all the Autobots cities had been fully restored.  Cybertron was completely back on track.  We fought for our freedom, won it, and reclaimed our planet for the good of all Cybertronians. 

                Only one thing remained missing.  Sparklings.  Where were the little ones who were supposed to be running around and adding excitement to everyone's lives?  Oh, right.  I was currently the only femme on the planet.  The other three were on a mission.  All the others?  They never showed up.  And as far as I knew, the triplets weren't exactly interested in anyone.  Perhaps there is also the fact that they are afraid of bonding.  Sure, they've known for years about the bond that Ironhide and I share.  That doesn't exactly make them eager to find a mate.  Then it occurred to me.  Perhaps they aren't sure if they can produce sparklings.  It's a terrible feeling to find that you are unable to produce them.  It makes one feel unwanted, like they aren't good enough.  I don't know what it's like, of course.  I haven't tried to have one.  However, I've had femmes come in about it.  Nevertheless, someone had to get them to see that there was hope.

                I closed my optics and let my head fall to my desk.  I had no idea that running an entire planet would put so much stress on a bot.  All the Decepticons are gone.  There should be no issues anywhere in any of the cities.  Yet, here I was, signing paper after paper.  Permission to build this and that; entertainment venues, science experiments, etc, etc, etc... Why ask permission?  We're all Autobots for crying out loud!  Was this how the government and planet was run before the war?  I felt horrible for the previous Primes.  I worked up enough energy to raise my head and look at the next paper.  Someone wanted to build a night club.  I narrowed my optics.  What the actual frag?  Who..?  I scanned down the paper and saw the name.  Swerve.  Of course.  I exhaled heavily.

                "What is it?" Prowl asked.  He sat in the chair in front of my desk and watched me with his hands folder neatly in his lap.  He always stayed around me nowadays.  I assumed it had something to do with Jazz.  If anything happened, he wanted to be the first, well...second, to know.  He wouldn't admit it, though.

                "Swerve submitted a request for a night club.  Why, exactly?" 

                "All the younger bots say he makes the best shots.  I wouldn't know.  I don't go to those types of places."  He took the paper and quickly looked over it.  "I'd approve it, I suppose.  They have to occupy themselves with something."

                "Wouldn't that work better with femmes?" I slowly asked.  "There's only one on the entire planet at the moment.  I mean, isn't that what it's wanted for anyway?"

                "Who knows?  Perhaps they're still hopeful that some will show up."

                "Maybe," I sighed.  " I just don't want them to get any funny ideas.  I don't pride myself in those sorts of things.  You should have seen the victory celebration on Earth that we had when we won the war.  We had to drag everyone back to their quarters because they had all passed out."

                He shook his head.  "Sounds like some good old fashioned Autobots for you.  Our faction is extremely strange at times."  He paused.  "This is one of those times."

                I groaned and signed next to where it said "accepted".   "I just know I'm going to regret this."

                "Maybe," he shrugged.  "You never know until you try."  There was a few minutes of silence before he spoke again.  "What would you think about a space bridge?"

                "A space bridge?" I questioned curiously.  "Prowl...I don't think that's a great idea.  I take it that you don't know anything about what went down on Earth."

                He slowly shook his head.  "I know nothing."

                I sighed.  "Well, you know how Sentinel designed a space bridge, correct?"  He nodded.  "Were you watching when Cybertron was being pulled?"

                "Yes, I did find that rather peculiar.  What was happening?"

                "I wasn't there myself, so I can't give you eye witness information.  Everything I know is based off of what Optimus and the others told me.  Anyway, when Cybertron was being pulled, that was Sentinel's doing.  He was pulling it through the space bridge to Earth.  This may seem unbelievable, but Sentinel Prime betrayed us.  He made a deal with Megatron.  He was going to enslave the entire human race and make them repair our planet.  There's about seven billion humans, and we protected them from the Decepticons.  Now, I don't believe we could bring ourselves to protect them.  After all, how many of our kind must be sacrificed to atone for their mistakes?  All of us that were here before you were, we were going to die.  We were being hunted down by the humans' government.  They blamed us Autobots for the large attack that Megatron and Sentinel led.

                "Primus came to me and told me to get the others to leave, but he said to leave those that are now on Earth.  They had some sort of purpose they had to fulfill.  I'm no psychic, but it must be pretty important to have to leave them to fend for themselves," I finished.

                "I understand, but how does that affect what happens here on Cybertron?" he asked.

                "There's a saying.  History repeats itself.  It is strictly for everyone's protection that I deny all requests for a space bridge.  We don't need anyone to have a lust for power.  That's how the Decepticons came about.  Primus knows we don't need another war when we just got out of one about a year ago."

                He nodded.  "I understand fully."

                "Good.  I hope you've been-"

                -Static, you're not gonna believe this!-Jazz

                I froze.  Jazz.  Was he calling from Earth?  This couldn't be good.

                -What happened?!  Is everyone alright?!  Is anyone hurt?!-Static Prime

                Prowl was looking at me with a worried expression.  I held a finger up, telling him to give me a moment.

                -Everyone's fine.  You remember Grimlock, right?-Jazz

                -Yes, what about him?-Static Prime

                -Well, we found him and his team.-Jazz

                -You found the Dinobots?  That's great!  Bring them with you!  Are you on Earth?-Static Prime

                -We'll bring 'em.  Yeah, we're on Earth.  One more thing.  O.P. ain't here.-Jazz

                -He's not there?  What do you mean he's not there?-Static Prime

                -That's exactly what I mean.  He ain't here.  He left.  Drift said that the big guy said he was gonna go find our creators or some crazy slag like that.-Jazz

                I sighed.  -Alright.  Just bring the others.  You can tell them they'll all be getting a thorough medical examination.-Static Prime

                He laughed.  -Will do, Prime.  Over and out.-Jazz