chapter 1

Chapter 1

                The human's never affected us before.  But then, they turned to evil, much like the Decepticons.  The original Decepticons may be gone, but perhaps, in the humans, they created a new breed of themselves.  This threat, however, no longer affects us as we return to our own planet.  But to those who remain on Earth, we salute you and your bravery. 

                We were currently in deep space, and the crew was eager to return home.

                "Chromia, what is our ETA?" I asked.

                She checked.  "We should be landing in the next solar cycle.  Any minute now, and we will be able to see Cybertron."

                "Thank you."  I turned and walked deep into the ship, leaving her with Elita-1 and Arcee.  I walked into the medical facility, where Ratchet, Jazz, and Ironhide were.  My nerves were on end, and this was the place that calmed me down.  Just walking through the door helped.

                "We should be landing in the next solar cycle," I announced.

                "Excellent," Ratchet said.  "We've made good timing."  We had been in space for a year.

                "Indeed," I agreed.  I turned to Jazz.  "You realize that you are my second in command, correct?"

                His visor brightened.  "I guess so.  Never really thought about it.  What are we gonna do once we get to Cybertron?"

                I thought for a moment.  I hadn't gotten this far in my planning.  Actually, I had no plan to be perfectly honest.  "I suppose you all will go to Iacon while I go to Cybertron's core."

                "Cybertron's core?" Ratchet question.  "That's highly dangerous."

                "No one ever said it was going to be easy, Ratchet.  This is reviving a whole planet, not a single spark."

                "Very well, point taken," he replied.  "But I'm going with you.  I don't want you to be out in the middle of nowhere alone if something happens to you."

                "Nothing's gonna happen to me!  Everything's safe now!" I argued.

                "Static, you're not just another medic anymore.  You're about to be the leader of a new era, the rise of Cybertron.  You are all we have and you need to be taken care of if something happens to you," Ratchet said.  I sighed.  He had a point.

                "Fine. You are right," I decided.  "You will come with me."

                "I am going with you as well," Ironhide declared.

                "No.  You're going to be needed to help with rebuilding Iacon.  Jazz, you're going to supervise that while the Wreckers lead in the rebuilding process," I said.

                "So I'm gonna be the boss of the Wreckers, and the Wreckers are gonna be the boss of the rest of em?" he asked.

                "That is correct," I said.

                -Attention, everyone.  Cybertron is now in view.-Chromia

                Our optics brightened.  Our home.

                Everyone rushed to control room to see.  Cybertron was just as we left it, dark, cold, and dead.  It wouldn't be that way for much longer.

                We landed that day, as predicted.  The boarding gear was lowered.  I stepped onto it as everyone else stood back and watched me.  I slowly made my way down it.  I paused at the bottom.  One more step and I would be on Cybertron, our home that had been abandoned for vorns.  It wasn't even a vision.  It was the real, actual place.  I took the next step and turned around where I stood on our planet.  Everyone was watching me carefully, waiting for a sign.

                I smiled.  "Welcome back to Cybertron, guys. We're home."

                They all cheered and ran out onto the surface of our planet.