chapter 6

Chapter 6

                He arrived a few minutes later and leaned against one of the tables as I started.

                "Alright.  We've got Cybertron back up and running.  Now, we've got to bring all the Autobots back.  I was thinking about sending a message like Optimus sent from Earth about joining him."

                "Sounds good to me," Ratchet said.  "You should use the communications room in headquarters so it will reach farther.  It should go out a few galaxies more, though I doubt anyone went out that far."

                "Even better.  It should reach all the Autobots.  We should expect them to start arriving soon after you send out the message," Ironhide stated.

                "HQ's already been fixed up.  Wheeljack finished off the wiring a few minutes ago.  You can head on over there whenever you're ready," Jazz informed us.

                "Thank you, Jazz.  Our next order of business is the Autobots on Earth.  No connection has been made with them since we left Earth's atmosphere.  I'll need to gather a crew to head back with me and retrieve them," I said.

                "Are you sure it will be the best idea to leave Cybertron unprotected?" Ironhide asked.

                I laughed.  "You must be joking! There are no longer threats to Cybertron.  The Decepticons are extinct.  Besides, I'm leaving the planet in good hands.  Jazz, you'll be in charge while I'm gone."

                "You got it!"

                "Perhaps you should take the triplets, less annoying twins, and Ironhide with you," suggested Ratchet.  "Chromia can fly the ship, but she won't want to leave her sisters.  The twins will make for good backup, shall it be required.  You know you and Ironhide can't stay apart for two years.  He will also make for good backup."

                "Good thinking.  We will leave tomorrow at Sunrise," I declared.  "Anyone else have anything they wish to add?"

                Ratchet spoke.  "About the Autobots that will be coming back.  There will be an extremely large influx, and most will require immediate medical attention.  The problem is, with you gone, we will only have three medics on staff.  Many will die before we can even see to them."

                I stared at him while I thought things through carefully.  If I left, Autobots would die.  If I stayed, they would all live.  However, there would be no real help for the Autobots on Earth if one of them needed medical attention.  I loved all the Autobots, but the decision was obvious.  "Jazz, you will accompany our rescue team.  I will stay here and help in the medical bay."

                "Sure thing!  I'll have everything goin real smooth for ya!" Jazz said enthusiastically.