chapter 3

Chapter 3

                A  bolt of static electricity erupted from my hand.  I didn't even activate it.  It seemed to be an emergency defense protocol.  I did it myself the next time, zapping through every insecticon around me.  I jumped up and helped Ratchet out of his predicament.  Once all of the creatures were offline before us, I held out my hand for Ratchet.  He took it, and I pulled him to his feet.

                "You alright?" I asked. 

                "I-I think so," he said as he evaluated his systems using the panel on his arm.  We both needed medical attention quickly, but we couldn't stay here.

                "Alright.  We need to get out of here.  We'll go a few more kliks, and then we'll rest of the night," I said.  He nodded.  We transformed and travelled.

                We stopped after a while, and transformed back into our true forms.  We sat on the ground.  Ratchet started to work on me.

                "There's not much that can be done until we get back to Iacon.  The best we can do right now is seal up any leaks and hope it's enough," he informed me.  I agreed and he fixed mine.  I then fixed his.  I lied down and decided it was a good time to check in on Jazz.  It had been a few hours after all.

                -Jazz, how are things coming along?-Static Prime

                -Iacon is secure and no one's injured! How's things goin on yo end?-Jazz

                -Well, we almost got offlined a few kliks back, and we're in desperate need of new armor.  Some energon would be nice, but there's none here.  Yet.   We're still working on it.-Static Prime

                -Sounds like y'all got it pretty rough! Ya need me to send someone out there for backup?-Jazz

                -No, we'll be fine.  We've set up camp for the night and should be safe here.  Start repairs on Iacon.  Let me know immediately if something goes wrong.-Static Prime

                -Will do, boss bot.  Keep in touch.-Jazz

                -We will.  Prime out.-Static Prime

                I laid down and Ratchet watched me. "What's the others' status?" he questioned.

                "They're all perfectly fine and got the job done.  They're gonna start repairs."  I smiled.  "Guess that just leaves us to get our job done."

                He chuckled.   "I'm just the medic.  This is your job, your destiny."

                "I guess you're right," I sighed.   I looked up at the sky for a few moments.  "We should get some rest.  Big day tomorrow."

                He laid down and looked up at the stars with me.  He closed his optics after a moment and I listened to him go into recharge.  I kept watching the sky.

                "I hope you're alright, Autobots," I whispered as I thought about those who I was forced to leave behind on Earth.  "Stay safe."  I continued to look to the stars for a few moments before I felt myself powering down for the night.  I closed my eyes and let stasis pull me in.