Chapter Twenty Two

Freddy scowled as he paced the floor of the Haven. How in the world had his half-sister not gotten Henry in bed yet? What was the point of having feminine wiles if they weren't going to entice men? It wasn't as if she wasn't entirely unattractive either, at least from an Isle point of view.

She was no Boreadon girl but Evil Queen's daughter was truly the only Boreadon girl of the Isle. And now she was in Boreadon.

"Are you even trying?" Freddy snarled as he continued to pace. "Anyone else would have gotten the job done by now!"

"Believe it or not, convincing a guy to drop a long held belief is not the easiest thing in the world," Claudine snarked as she sat on one of the mattresses that laid in the main room of the Haven.

"Bah! Every guy's the same," Freddy shook his head. Well, except for him but then again that was obvious. The others though were weak, their heads easily clouded with thoughts of lust. "Either you're not trying or Henry's more of a lost soul than we thought. Then again, he's close enough to Dustin so that's not outside the realm of possibilities."

"You do know that just because Dustin enjoys the company of men, that doesn't mean everyone he comes into contact with will then end up enjoying the company of men," Claudine said dryly. "If that was the case, then you wouldn't look twice at any of the girls on the Isle considering you led the four Angels who jumped Dustin last year."

"If he's going to sin, then we're going to teach him the cost of sinning."

"Four on one though? And all you did was get the Rats and the pirates more on our backs than they already were. You know their motto—Ruthless yet Loyal. After all, it's spray painted all over their territory."

"Dustin hasn't sinned since we taught him that lesson has he?" Freddy pointed out, ignoring Claudine's quip about that Godforsaken motto. It truly was spray painted all over the Rats' territory, and that'd be the first thing he removed once he got that territory for himself.

Claudine shook her head. From what Henry told her, Dustin just learned to hide it better or keep it on the ship considering Henry had walked in on his crew mate and Jace Baddun in the act of...let's just say they were in the throws of having relations.

The only reason Henry had told her was because he knew she knew about Dustin's jumping and the context of it. The rest of the crew of course knew about the jumping but they all thought that it was in relation to Dustin being a Rat instead of the gender of the company he kept.

"You honestly think Henry would just let me get him into bed after only a few months?" Claudine asked with a sigh. "I'm still working on getting him to trust me, Fred. He's not an idiot after all. To meet up with me alone, as a captain of the Rats..."

"Have you at least gotten him so dazed he can't think?"

"...I'm not having this conversation with you," Claudine sighed as she stood up. "Fred, I'm trying. Just accept that. But Henry's slow moving in terms of a fling. Everyone on the Isle knows that too. You'll just have to be patient."

"I don't have to be anything when Henry's what stands in my way of me getting off the Isle!" Freddy growled.

"Henry and the rest of the Rats," Claudine added. "You really think luring the Captain away would prevent the rest of the crew from stopping you leave the Isle? They're too loyal to Mal and Uma, not to mention Harry would probably come back and hook them all if they let you slip past them."

Freddy smirked. "There's a rumor that the food deliveries might be a bit better considering that old Boreadon harridan was sent here and then consumed by the hyenas...and I may have been talking to a young Rat in training...she seemed to be very attached to Ryan of all people."