Chapter Thirty Seven

The party seemed to almost be in full swing as the gang arrived, Uma and Mal chuckling with each other as they walked up the ramp to the yacht. No one seemed to notice how Uma's grip on Mal's arm got a little tighter; as if reassuring her cousin that she was right there.

That no one was going to let her fall in. If she needed to, she'd turn into a giant octopus like her mother had before her and ensure Mal was safe on dry land before Uma let anything happened to her cousin, co-Captain, and best friend.

Mal gave Uma a small smile and a small sigh of relief slipped out of her mouth as soon as she was firmly on the deck of the yacht. Well, more like the waiting area of the yacht. Now another danger awaited them—the press.

"Why do we have to get our pictures taken by these bottom feeders?" Uma muttered as they got in line for the blue carpet. Mal shrugged but smiled as she saw Carlos with Jane a bit ahead of them. The younger boy had truly come out of his shell and looked amazing in the black and white jacket that Evie had designed for him.

Evie, to no one's surprise, was having the time of her life getting her picture taken and the press calling out her name. Mal couldn't help but smile though. After everything the blue haired girl had gone through, she deserved to have some fun tonight as well.

"You ready Mal?" Uma asked.

"Not in the slightest but let's do this," Mal sighed and the two Godlings made their way onto the blue carpet, pasting smiles on their faces as the reporters called out their names and the photographers got their photos.

"Lady Mal! Are you looking forward to being a member of Benji's court?" Mal heard one of the reporters call out and she had to chuckle. She recognized that voice, having heard it multiple times since becoming Ben's girlfriend.

"I didn't realize you were a reporter, Sir Chip," she shot back with a small smirk. "But to answer your question, I am. I think King Ben has been doing a wonderful job ruling the kingdom and I look forward to working with him on making improvements to the Isle."

Chip grinned as he walked up and held out his hand. "May I escort you to the waiting area, my Lady?"

"And what about me? I guess I'm just chum?" Uma asked, raising an eyebrow.

Chip chuckled. "I'm just here to act as King Ben's stand in until he arrives, Lady Uma. I thought you'd want the attentions of the pirate over yonder, in the red suit jacket and the jaw that's making its way to the sea floor."

Mal and Uma looked over in the direction that Chip was indicating. Sure enough, Harry was staring at the two of them in shock. Or rather, he was staring at Uma. Honestly Mal wasn't even sure Harry was aware that she was standing right next to the teal haired squidling.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely sending Harry that photo of Uma. Maybe as a birthday present or even just an every day sort of thing, Mal thought with an internal nod as the three of them made their way over to the others.

"Harry? Mate? You present?" Jay asked, waving his hand in front of Harry's face as if to see if anyone was home.

"Hey Harry, Gil just walked past with Macaria," Carlos pointed out as if trying to get him to react. Sure enough the blond did walk past, his arm wrapped around Hercules' daughter's shoulders.

"Good for him. Hope he has a good time, she's a good lass," Harry said faintly, his eyes only on Uma.

Carlos smirked and looked at Jay. "Oh he's got it bad if he's not even bothering to insult Gil. I didn't even know it was possible to be twiterpated this bad and I've been around Mal and Ben!"