Chapter 5

You took your first few steps towards the conviniance store, part of you already knowing you were going to regret this. You turned your head back to look at your car, not being able to see Chucky sitting on the front passenger seat due to your glared windshield, but already being able to feel his electric blue eyes staring at you, observing your every move closely.

You turned your head back, speeding up you steps as you approached the glass door. You placed your hand on it's icy steel handle, pushing. Your eyes squeezed shut tightly, wincing as you heard the little jingle go off as you entered, drawing attention to yourself.

Your eyes moved around the room, stopping at the counter, eyes widening as they met with your ex manager, Chad. His blood shot orbs stared at you, confusion in the expression he held. Your broke the eye contact, walking as fast as you could towards the nearest aisle, scoping through the products and wondering about what Chucky would want to eat.

A tap on your shoulder caused you to spin around swiftly, fearing the thought that it could've been Andy. You calmed down, realizing that it was just Chad. "Hey, uh, kid.." he greeted, sheepishly. You rolled you eyes, turning around and walking away to a different aisle, not particularly fond of hearing what he was about to say. His footsteps followed behind you.

Mentally facepalming as you realized you were in the wrong aisle, you walked towards the next, walking past Chad, ignoring his presence once again.

"If you want the job back, you're welcomed to work here again, ya know?"

You stopped in your tracks, turning around to face him.

"I think I'll pass." You said coldly, rejecting his offer.

It wasn't just because you wanted him to deal with the consequences of his own actions- firing you even with the knowledge that this was the only job you were able to maintain for months now, but also because you were on the run with a possessed doll trying to get away from a psychopathic lunatic who was after the both of you. You obviously couldn't work in his store now even if you wanted to.

Chad opened his mouth to say something, probably to try and convince you again but closed it straight after, already knowing you would decline once again. He sighed before walking back to the cash register, making you sigh in relief, turning back to choose something that Chucky could eat.

Your eyes scanned the aisle, stopping on some sandwiches. They came in pairs, packed neatly into their plastic packaging's. You picked one of them up, tilting your head slightly, wondering if this would be enough to fill the dolls hunger.

You heard the glass door in the entrance open, hearing the jingle go off once again, the sound welcoming the presumable new customer into the store.

You observed the packaging, trying to find the expiry date before hearing a blood curdling scream that caused you to whip your head towards the sound quickly.

You rushed towards the counter immediately, stopping as you reached the front of the store, your eyes growing wide in reaction to what you saw.

Blood, a puddle of it forming from behind the counter. You took two steps closer, hesitantly looking behind it before screaming in utter shock as you saw the source of the dark maroon puddle, your trembling legs backing away.

Chad was dead. His face held an unsettling expression of shock, his mouth opened wide as thick blood dripped from his lips. He was on the floor, his lifeless eyes still opened. Blood continued to gush from his chest onto the white tiles from what appeared to be multiple stab wounds, his white shirt soaked with red.

You dropped the sandwiches onto the floor, your trembling hands grasping your mouth shut as you sobbed in fear, hot tears stinging your eyes before trickling down your cheeks. Your guts twisted, feeling sick to your stomach as you choked back sobs.

A sound of motion behind you caused you to spin around in reaction, seeing Chucky, drenched in the dark red substance as he held a psychotically satisfied smile on his face, his eyes crazed.

Your eyes moved towards his hand, seeing the knife he held so tightly in his grasp. It dripped with the crimson liquid, already forming a small red puddle on the floor beneath it.

He took his first step towards you, the fear causing your legs to finally give out. Your knees buckled before hitting the ground hard. Your loud pants of air came out like cries of fear as you tried so hard to push yourself away from him as he continued to approach you.

"P... Please... Please don't hurt me... " You pleaded desperately, your voice breaking.

You watched as his face held confusion, wondering why you were so terrified all of the sudden before his expression was replaced with realization, looking down at his bloody weapon as he rolled his eyes.

"Relax.. " he told, disturbingly calm, walking towards the sandwich you had just previously dropped, picking it up.

He then walked over to the counter, his red and white shoes stepping into the puddle of blood from his assault. He seemed so unbothered by it, getting behind the counter and stepping onto Chad's belly, hoisting himself up onto a stool. He used his blades handle to break open the register, taking out the money before stepping down and walking towards you.

His cold gaze only caused you to shiver.

"Hey! Calm the fuck down already! You can toss your cookies later, now let's get the fuck outta here before some other jackass walks in who I'll have to slash!" He snapped, signalling towards the door. You stared at him for awhile, before getting up from the floor, obeying him.

You followed him out of the store and back to your car, wanting to make a break for it but being too scared to do anything other then follow behind him.

~

The drive was silent, you were still scarred from what you had just witnessed and Chucky didn't fail to notice.

His head turned towards you. "Think of doing anything smart and I'll fuck your shit up too." He warned, causing you to swallow dryly. "Got it?" He questioned, wanting to know whether his message was clear. "yes.." you answered, trying to stay calm.

He nodded, turning his head back towards the road.

"good."

~

Moments passed and the silence only lingered, your shaky hands still managed to steer the wheel as you swallowed in unsteady breaths of air.

"Why... Why did you kill him..?" You finally brought yourself to ask, breaking the lingering silence.

"I don't know.. maybe cuz somebody didn't have any fuckin' cash on her to pay for two dollar's worth of fucking sandwiches!" The doll sarcastically responded, letting his voice rise.

"That didn't mean you had to kill him!" You yelled, recalling the scene of your ex manager's dead body on the floor, your stomach feeling as if it had just got fisted.

"Oh, I'm sorry, would you have preferred it if he called the fucking cops on you for stealing instead!? I don't think we need that right now, don't you!? Especially having Andy on our fucking tails already!" The doll snapped back, his anger rising, as he pushed back the urge to kill you, knowing he shouldn't, considering he needed you though he hated to put it that way.

"Why the hell does it matter to you anyway!?" He asked, as if your reaction wasn't reasonable. "I knew him... He was my ex manager..." You answered his question, keeping your teary eyes fixed on the road, blinking away fearful tears as you tried to concentrate. "He fired me recently..." You continued.

"Well, you're welcome then. I just did you a fucking favor. "

You didn't answer him, keeping silent as tears continued to trickle down your cheeks. You couldn't help but feel like his death was your fault, blaming yourself.

"talk about bein' ungrateful..." He commented, rolling his eyes as he observed you're terrified form. He ripped open the plastic packaging with his tiny hands, taking out a sandwich and biting into it.