Chapter 35

“Bingo..." The doll whispered, a delighted smile plastered onto his plastic face, blue eyes peering down into an opened drawer, at the sight of a pack of cigarettes alongside a lighter. He reached his hand into the wooden interior, picking up and admiring the two items, almost as if it had been a moment too long since he had last gotten his hands on things like these, the look of satisfaction written all over his face showing just how glad he was that one of his long awaited cravings had finally been appeased.

He tore away the plastic seal, opening the pack, stubby fingers pulling out a single cigarette stick as he lit it, planting it between his lips as he took a deep inhale, relaxing into the feel of heat that traveled down his throat and lungs. It was a feeling that was all too familiar, a sense of fulfilment that washed over him as he welcomed it with open arms, relishing and savouring this moment as if it were to be his last. He then plucked the cig from his lips, exhaling calmly as small clouds of smoke filled and fogged the room.

~

You reluctantly walked down the hallway, not entirely certain you were even comfortable in the outfit you were now in. Sure, you were now warm and dry, as what you hoped when you realized your condition. But with that short content came the undeniable fact that what you had on displayed you in all the wrong lights. It wasn't like it was too revealing or frisky, modest compared to the rest of the clothes you could've picked, yet you just hated being seen in them, dreading meeting the doll's gaze after this, considering how your last encounter with him went.

The sound of the floor creaking followed every step you decided to take. You couldn't help your eyes from moving towards the paintings on the walls you passed, noting how they looked expensive, valuable, yet now worthless as they remained hung, collecting dust as time went by, displaying what once was and what would never come to be.

You admired the soft shades that brought together such detailed images, finding that these were one of the only things you had came across so far that you found remotely pleasant within this old abode. Whoever the previous owners of this house were must've fled it in a hurry, obviously not too disturbed with the fact that the home they had left behind had a high chance of being broken into and robbed due to the many items and furniture still intact and present within it.

You neared the living room to which you planned on returning to, the familiar and distinctive scent of smoke filling your nostrils and confusing you in the process.

You hurriedly walked into the room, hoping to find the source of the smell, worried that there could've been a flame that somehow started somewhere close, your mind instantly assuming the worst while at the same time already having an idea about who the culprit could've been.

Youre eyes landed on the sight of the smoking doll, who paid no attention to anything but the grit he held in between his two fingers, his back facing you.

He turned around, noticing your presence after awhile, eyes widening as he took in the sight of you in a new tantalizing getup. You could feel the hair at the back of your neck stand up as a growing sense of unease washed over you in response to his lecherous gaze.

“Woah..." He absent-mindedly commented, watching as you uncomfortably looked away from him, the red that darkened on your cheeks becoming obvious due to the faint light of the sun that seeped through the wood of the boarded up window, revealing the sight clearly.

“Gotta say... Ya really do clean up nice..." He admitted with a smirk, nodding as he checked you out further, not taking his eyes off of you as you mumbled a soft thanks, though gratitude wasn't even close to what you felt at the moment.

You walked over to the couch, sitting on it despite hating how it felt beneath you, forcing yourself to tolerate how uncomfortable it was, having to switch positions every few seconds until you finally found one you managed to maintain.